Started up my Dark Angels

Brother Aimoku

Aloha, first time poster long time reader. Started up a DA army before Christmas. Recently I started having some health issues that keep me at home a good deal of the time. So I have decided to try and focus my otherwise wasted days into getting a core army started. I don't care to much if the list I'm aiming for is tourney worthy, or perfect. It is just to be a core that I can add units here and there for later. I plan on updating this thread while i put everything together. The 2000 point list I'm thinking about is as follows along with what I already have done. Oh and yes my DW are green I know this is wrong. I started the DA because i like their fluff and I really like green, and my local store had a few pots of old GW green ink that I loved back in the day. That also means my Ven. Dreads are green. I did up a test model for a DW Sgt. but I did not like the look as much and it took forever to do. So please just let me enjoy my lovely green DW.

gallery_60078_5800_125256.jpg

HQ

Belial, TH/SS Medic/Standard Done. I might later put together a version with LCs, but I like the 3+ inv. save

gallery_60078_5800_586317.jpg

Elites

Ven. Dread 1: Done. Made from a standard box with DA bits all the weapons in the box are painted.

gallery_60078_5800_934054.jpg

Ven Dread 2: Actual Ven. Dread kit so I can swap arms between the two.

Troops

DW squad one: 3 TH/SS (w/medic & banner), 1 LC, I HF/CF Done. just need to put together the HF/CF from the Tac. Term. box.

gallery_60078_5800_1662078.jpg

DW Squad two: PW/SB Sgt. 1 TH/SS (w/CML) , 2 PF/SB, 1 CF/SB I will us the test model as the Sgt. so i can grab one to finish the first DW squad.

Tac squad one: 10 man, plasmagun/missle, Sgt. (w/PF & PP) Rhino (w/storm bolter) Done, Rhino is close to finished just detail work now.

gallery_60078_5800_587507.jpg

Tac squad two: 10man, flamer/missle, Sgt. (w/PF) Razor back (w/TWLL & storm bolter)

Fast Attack

3x RW Support (w/MM & TML)

Heavy

Landraider Crusader (w/stormbolter)

Sorry the images are so big I will try to fix that in later posts. I could not find how to resize them on the B&C 101 section on posting images. I like my painting style and I'm happy with it but I don't try to be perfect. My IG reg. is the 412 becuase I only care if they look good from 4x12 inches away. I'm trying to put more time in each model here as this list has a lot less boots on the ground than my massed infantry IG. I still need to put on my transfers, and free hand on some of the tac. squad.

Depending on the configuration it comes to about 2000ish points. I don't have a time table to finish it all up and I don't know how long it will take for my doctors to figure out what is wrong and then how long for me to get well. Pretty soon I will place my order for the rest of the list I don't have. Feel free to post suggestions

I like the green terminators especially, i think they go well with the rest of the stuff so far, I happen to be working on my own belial right now and the only equipment set i have missing right now is the TH/SS because I havent gotten an assault termi box yet, just 4-5 shooty ones, got lightning claws from chaos termi lord, much cooler than imperial claws, which is also what Im converting belial out of. ;)

While the filthy traitor legions may have more menacing looking gear, I could not in good faith kit bash with their corrupted plastic. The Emperor must want us to use LCs that look like goofy bladed brass knuckles or he would not have put them on the sprue. Plus I like the Sgt. versions of the assault term weapons. Remember the Emperor protects, so we are assured better dice rolls for not diluting the purity of our models. ^_^

they look good. definitely a pro to being sick i suppose.

im not sure which chaos parts Aimoku is talking about but the models as a whole go well together.

try adding a badab black wash to the guys face, itll go in the deeper areas and shadow it for you, itll also make the metal look slightly tarnished.

where did you get a half man/half T1000 face by the way? i never seem to have gotten any in any of my boxes :(

I know the Chaos parts fit, i just can't bring myself to use them. I do use Badab black on the green armour, but both the lighting and the green ink fight the deep contrast that black washes can give. For the flesh I use gryphonne sepia, I prefer its subtle look to the ogryn wash many like. I think I might have forgotten to wash the tac. squads skin, so thanks for catching that. The t1000 head I think is from the tac. squad box but I don't remember. I kit bashed from my bitz box that goes back to 2nd edition, so I could be wrong about the head.

Archived