Fixing mistakes

Arionel

New painter, Assault on Black Reach kit:

On the sprue, I mistakenly primed Gloss Black, (NOOB), I thought, fine, I can fix that, bought regular flat primer and did a do-over....seemed to work...

Models assembled...noticed some glossy black that was missed....whatever, I'll cover it....

On to painting my first Space Marines after mixing a light blue color....Crap....looks horrible...frustration sets in.....

Got the idea of going out and buying some type of light blue flat primer and recoating the space marines....

Any thoughts????

Kill anyone who knows about your mistake, pretend it never happened and start over.

Failing that: I would suggest, first of all, that if you intend on a light tone for the finished product that you don't use a black basecoat.

Also, no offence, the looking crap can be a by-product of being a new painter.. I speak as One Who Knows And Gave Up.

For dealing with the actual problem, I'd call that a test mini; I'm not sure, short of stripping, you can do much else.

As someone who has painted over 200 Blood Angels models and still only being a meh painter, I can say the best bet if to strip the models and start over. Apparently Dawn Power Desolver works wonders, I am about to test it out myself as I am stipping my whole army, and while Oven Spray works, it is a pain to work with. Ohh, and when in doubt, use a white undercoat. Then paint whatever you want to be metal black before doing your metal coats. A great painter once told me to get white to black takes all of one coat, going black to white takes far more so always base white even if 90% of the model is black.

Archived