Making an Attack Bike from a Scout bike

Tulkas

Hi there, in my Celestial Lions army using the SW codex, I represent my Blood Claws with plastic Scouts. Now, I'm looking to add an attack bike (AB) to my Swiftclaw Bikepack, but offcourse it'll have to be converted on to a Scout bike, and I was just wondering if anyone here had done (or seen) anything like that before.

If you have tips on which kits might be useful for me, please post it here too. Offcourse it doesn't have to be a bike with a sidecart like the original AB, any and all variations are welcome, be they attack buggy, a trike, or whatever really. As long as it's Scouts and awesome.

Thanks.

Hi, I like your idea of using scouts to represent blood claws - might have to steal that when I eventually get round to trying out the SW dex :lol:

As for the attack bike, I was first thinking the regular sidecar with a landspeeder storm pilot gunner in place of the marine gunner - that would be cheap and effective...

But then I was thinking maybe something more akin to the ork wartrak would be more fitting for the gung-ho blood claw feel. You could probably rustle something convincing up with some plasticard and rhino tracks... And I'm thinking maybe parts from the imperial bastion kit to make the weapon mount & truck bed to stand the gunner on.

Good luck with it! :cuss

Al

Hi, I like your idea of using scouts to represent blood claws - might have to steal that when I eventually get round to trying out the SW dex ;)

As for the attack bike, I was first thinking the regular sidecar with a landspeeder storm pilot gunner in place of the marine gunner - that would be cheap and effective...

But then I was thinking maybe something more akin to the ork wartrak would be more fitting for the gung-ho blood claw feel. You could probably rustle something convincing up with some plasticard and rhino tracks... And I'm thinking maybe parts from the imperial bastion kit to make the weapon mount & truck bed to stand the gunner on.

Good luck with it! :P

Al

Yes, I had a look at the Storm last night on the GW site and I noticed that the gunner is actually standing up, so he would be looking stupid standing in the original side cart. So I figure something like a buggy, or indeed the Wartrak you mentioned, with the gunner standing directly behind the driver, and firing over his head. Still, I don't picture a Wartrak being just as quick and nimble as the Scout bike. And I really want to try and keep that feel.

I've been having similar ideas, and have been looking at a kitbash between the Storm, and the Elysian Tauros from FW.

Another issue I have is Scout bikes are still to big, I always picture them as trials-bike type jobbies, and have been looking at taking some of the width out of one to closer fit this mould.

Just ideas for you.....

If you have an attack bike or access to one, just trace a top-down silhouette and then cut that out onto thick plasticard. From there you make seats and details with more plasticard, and then cut up a standard marine to reposition it in a sitting position.

That's what I was planning on doing with mine seen here (linky). Then it's just a matter of finding a wheel (I'm thinking toy monster truck) and acquiring a heavy melta/bolter.

Though I fear doing it, because of all the work, I think the best way to go is making a sidecart from plasticard indeed. Had another look at the Tauros Venator, but a buggy like that is too big for troops supposed to be Blood Claws in my opinion. No way to get to grips with the enemy from that turret. Much easier to jump back into a sidecart instead. I'll look for some thick, bulkhead-esque textured plasticard next time I'm at the hobbyshop.

That does not mean this thread is closed though! If anyone else has a good idea, please do post here.

Archived