Luna wolves question

Astorath the Grim

Probably Codex:Space Marines, but limit yourself to units they would've had back then.

So don't use:

Ironclads

Redeemers

Crusaders

Storms

Typhoons

Whirlwinds

Vindicators

Predator Annihilators (meaning the Lascannon turret/Lascannon sponsons version)

Razorbacks

Maybe convert your Bikes to be Jetbikes.

Convert your Land Speeders to resemble the old style.

Limit your use of Jump Packs (the Legions had just started to get their first few Jump Packs when the Heresy started, which is why Raptors are the only Chaos Marines who have them)

Convert Drop Pods to look Like Dreadclaw Assault Pods

The Luna Wolves were an elite, hard-fighting, in your face sort of Legion

So were just about all the others. Little bit like saying water's wet, dear boy...

Hah, granted, but the books suggest that Horus' lads were a cut above the rest.

The longest honor roll in the Imperirum doesn't write itself, you know.

Given they picked up their Primarch first, and having a Primarch seems to have upped the game of each legion... And length of honour roll has nothing ot do with them being more of an elite hard-fighting force than any other legion. You could argue the Iron Warriors were the most 'hard-fighting' due to teh nature of the siege warfare they continually had to do. Or maybe the WE's or BA's who were the most bloody assault-driven legions. Or the EC's (for example, the Laer Campaign). Or the Deathguard and their stubborn resilience in conditions that even other astartes would pause from.

The Luna Wolves were an elite, hard-fighting, in your face sort of Legion

So were just about all the others. Little bit like saying water's wet, dear boy...

Hah, granted, but the books suggest that Horus' lads were a cut above the rest.

The longest honor roll in the Imperirum doesn't write itself, you know.

Truer words not spoken!

The Luna Wolves were a reflection of Horus(who was the most powerful Primarch)

i would say the chaos codex actually.

you get the massive squads, all are well trained and can be equipped awesomely.

the termies and sqauds get autocannons, and you are already restricted on the various things you shouldnt get (armor wise)

you dont get "ATSKNF" as they crazy loyalty to the Emperor wasnt so enforece yet.

just avoid the daemoney stuff and take normal stuff.

WLK

C:SM IMO. They have terminator elites, captains, tactical and assault marines. They operate as a combined armed force. They're a typical Space Marine force, albeit one with a surfeit of heroes, with Abaddon as First Captain and the greatest of the Primarchs leading them.

Probably Codex:Space Marines, but limit yourself to units they would've had back then.

So don't use:

Ironclads

Redeemers

Crusaders

Storms

Typhoons

Whirlwinds

Vindicators

Predator Annihilators (meaning the Lascannon turret/Lascannon sponsons version)

Razorbacks

Also no chaplains and very few, if any, librarians - I don't think the Lunar Wolves were part of the Librarian program, and chaplains only came in after Nikea.

Also, plasma weaponry was more common, and storm bolters were just being introduced(they used twin linked bolters instead). Model wise, remember that the 1st co. terminators had black armor. I would just not use any librarians if I were you, as far as I know, the Luna Wolves never used them.

Vindicators are mentioned in The First Heretic.

Which nicely contradicts some existing fluff as before this mention in The First Heretic, the fluff stated that they were developed during a campaign against the Traitor Legions during the Heresy (or Scouring, I can't remember exactly), but that's off topic....

James

I thought that too Sparta but in their entry in the 5th ed Marine codex it mentions they were used Pre-Heresy.

Erm.. 5th ed Marine codex page 80: "The notion of fitting a high-calibre cannon into the hull of a Rhino first evolved during the very early years of the Horus Heresy"

• 2 months later...

I would use the Space Marine Codex just maximize the amount aloud in a squad to 20 since there were a lot of Marines in an army back then.

Also, quick question were they called the Luna Wolves after Nikea?

Archived