I have chosen to start Dark Angels

Lord Lee

Hello Brothers (and Sisters) of the Unforgiven

I have recently acquired a Space Marine force on sale, I did not know it at the time but it was full of DA goodies, so in my wisdom (and because I HATE to waste good parts) I have decided to start Dark Angels.

So I have a 1000pt force which has:

1 Company Master (The one with the big sword and winged helmet on P60)

20 Tactical Marines (1 power weapon, 2 flamers, 1 plasma cannon and 1 missile launcher)

1 Razorback with heavy bolter

5 Deathwing Terminators (1 power weapon, 2 TH/SS, 1 chainfist and cyclone missile launcher)

1 Whirlwind

1 Predator (autocannon and sponson lascannons)

I also have 2 other Space Marines armies (Renegades and C:SM Bike Army with Scout support) so I have plenty of extra Marines and Tanks.

So what I would like to know is what should I add to my force to make it more uniquely Dark Angels?

To be clear I am looking to build a fluffy and fun list to vs my friends upcoming Space Wolves and Ork armies (we have a kind of tale of 3 gamers thing going)

Thanks in advance for your help

Lord Lee :P

i would get some dark angel chapter upgrade kits from gws website, they give you 10 robed bodies and all the bits you could ever need to make your standard tactical marines more DA.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod900140a

youll probably have to select country, but it definatly works.

and it definatly comes with 10 marines.

I thought they only had 5 now. I bought one a while ago and it had two sprues of 5 robed bodies each, and two sprues of bits, but now I heard that they made it only contain one sprue of bodies, and one sprue of bits. Apparently they found out it was too good of a deal. Someone had a thread up about it earlier. Could be wrong though, as the last time I ordered one was months ago.

I thought they only had 5 now. I bought one a while ago and it had two sprues of 5 robed bodies each, and two sprues of bits, but now I heard that they made it only contain one sprue of bodies, and one sprue of bits. Apparently they found out it was too good of a deal. Someone had a thread up about it earlier. Could be wrong though, as the last time I ordered one was months ago.

I believe you are correct, hence the price drop. What they should do is throw some bases in now that it's only 5.

the only reason there was 10 before isbecause somebody had messed up with the first mass order and arranged for the box sets to contain 2 of each by mistake. it's only now that they have got through the original batch of cock-ups that they have been able to reduce the amount included in the pack

HJL - maybe your local warehouse had a batch of double-packed sprues? I got some a few weeks back and there were only 5 marines in there - same as some I got last year.

They're still worth a look though as there are plenty of extras - nice for Veterans / Sargeants and so forth...

As has already been said, make sure to get some bases too.

when i ordered them a few months ago they had 10 in, unless its changed since then they still have 10.

The change happened fairly recently, maybe with the new year. At a few months ago, you probably caught the last of them.

EDIT: A semi-recent thread about it: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...l=upgrade+sprue

As you can see, the change took place around mid Jan (or at least that's when someone finally posted about it, I know it's about the RW sprue, but scroll down and you will see that Dark Dajin notes the DA sprue also changed).

after searching through the emoticons i must conclude that there isnt one sad enough to express how i feel about that.

i guess its back to the old days of scraping up enough cash to put together a purchase. booooo

Hi Guys

So add more Deathwing, buy some DA upgrades and get a Interrogator Chaplain.

Is there any other things I can add to make the army more unique from other Marine Armies?

Also I played with the 1000pt force the frist time today and was forced to a draw because of time issues (I would have won had we got past turn 3, had his army on the ropes :) )

Thanks in advance.

Lord Lee.

Archived