Introduction and Chapter Help

Jgg

Hey, I've recently decided to get back into 40k. I used to paint space marines a few years ago but I never had enough patience to complete anything. ;)

I managed to find most of my old models but there are a lot of pieces missing, unfortunately. For now, I have been getting back into painting the models by creating Mini's with what few pieces I have left.

I am considering completely starting again and buying some new marines soon, so right now i'm sitting here reading through my old codex. I don't know enough about 40k yet so any help with choosing a chapter to start off on would be great. At the moment I don't play the game but that might change in the future as my local store moved to a bigger building since I quit painting.

Again, any help and advice would be much welcome! ^_^

Hey welcome to the B+C. My advice would be to check the 40k lexicanum. Just google those words and the site should come up. Theres every chpter ever named and mentioned on that site, so you'll have loads of info and pics. Choose something different but is easy to paint and looks good. Hope this helps.

Hey Jgg,

I would suggest reading a 40k novel (anything with a space marine will do, really) and just seeing where that takes you. Great chance to get some fluff, and work some character into your forces.

Striking that, pick up one of the Dawn of War 2 games off Steam (about 10 or 20 bucks, I think) give it a few plays in the campaign or something similar, and let your imagination take off with ideas of your own power-armoured team running about the galaxy shooting aliens and being action heroes.

Other than that, dig in and enjoy the site.

Archived