Plastcard Gorgets

their kin

So I really want to make gorgets similar to the mk8 chest plate included in the tactical squad. The problem is, every time I try I either can't get it to stay on (bent) or I try and melt it and it becomes uneven and ugly.

I've seen in done in white dwarf articles and on forums and what not, but I don't know what the secret is. Can anyone give me a hand? Explain or link it for me?

Thanks ahead of time guys.

Your best bet might be to boil it in very hot water (please use gloves or other thermal protection) and try for the shape. That's the standard practice for Forge World resins, although I'm not sure if it will work exactly right for plasticard.

Have you considered using plastic tube? - it is generally available in hobby and modelling shops in the same location as the plasticard. Hobbycraft and my local model shop stock it in packets of various sizes.

I use several sizes, and by cross cutting obliquley you can put some funky angles on your gorgets or layer them - I did this with my pre heresy terminators to create gorgets and it worked very well. A sharp knife is all that's needed.

All the best

Whire Wolf :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived