LR Crusader/Redeemer

Purdy81

Let me put it to you this way :

What tactical sense does it serve to have your troops get out of the door (assuming the front of blocked) in front of the most casualty producing set of weapons available for your vehicle, thus rendering them useless until they move?

You'd want them up front because of the range, yes, but also because if you think of it from a soldier's point of view, they're being obscured by muzzle-flashes and gouts of flame while the vehicle lays down withering cover fire so they can get into position and assault through the enemy.

What tactical sense does it serve to have your troops get out of the door (assuming the front of blocked) in front of the most casualty producing set of weapons available for your vehicle, thus rendering them useless until they move?

You'd want them up front because of the range, yes, but also because if you think of it from a soldier's point of view, they're being obscured by muzzle-flashes and gouts of flame while the vehicle lays down withering cover fire so they can get into position and assault through the enemy.

This. Plus I also find them to look a lot better on the front, not only for the crusader and redeemer, but also the lascannon variant.

They way I see it is that when the troops get out they assault forward, usually out of the front ramp anyway, as for tactical sense, what if the sponsons are firing off to one side, so the marines get out behind then cant get to the target at the front? for me in an assault getting the troops to the target as quickly as possible is surely the most important thing (in th real world anyway), hence the sponsons at the back?

Different courses for different horses i guess, but Im not doing anything wrong rule wise by putting them on the rear side doors rather than the front side doors am I?

Archived