Azaraiah Kyras

curant

So i was just reading and thinking about it... according to the story 1000 years before the black legion attack subsector aurelia kyras imprisoned ulkair... several centuries later he appears and returns to the chapter. that makes him at minimum 1200 years... then given he was powerful enough to imprison ulkair albeit a wounded ulkair he's likely another 200 years old minimum.... makes him at very minimum 1400 years old.... beats dante doesnt it? or does demonic possession make it not count? lol

He'd be super old in linear time, but his biological age would still be way less than 1K years. Dante has been actively serving as Chapter Master for 1K+ biological years.

He'd be super old in linear time, but his biological age would still be way less than 1K years. Dante has been actively serving as Chapter Master for 1K+ biological years.

Are there any pictures of Dante's face or other features?

As for Kyras, I doubt he's that old biologically to be honest.

Are there any pictures of Dante's face or other features?

The last time we saw Dante without his Death mask, it was in the Blood Quest comic series, and in that he was shown as fairly young-looking, with long dark hair.

dante has led the chapter for 1100 years, he could be a couple of hundred years older than this.. but veteran sergeeant cleutin is much older than Dante, serving as his scout sergeant.. this must put Cleutin at least 100 years older than Dante.. and i suspect more in the region of 1500 to dantes 1300 ish

old dude from Salamander

Wasnt he given the emperors peace?

Edited by greatcrusade08

lol. also nowhere have i seen it that dante is eventh oldest blood angel, reinforced by clutin, though he may be dead. nevr mind 13th co and bjorn and potentially the sanguinator. or that many chaos marines have been there since the heresy. nevermind many many dreadnaughts. so even if so whats your point?

Dawn of War have some fluff mistakes. But a Space Marine being very old ins't one of them, the thing is Warp Space travel(which he was stuck for years inside the Judgment of Carrion) doens't count to his age.

Oh, and pretty much most fictional universes aren't real. That includes 40K.

Ran

dante has led the chapter for 1100 years, he could be a couple of hundred years older than this.. but veteran sergeeant cleutin is much older than Dante, serving as his scout sergeant.. this must put Cleutin at least 100 years older than Dante.. and i suspect more in the region of 1500 to dantes 1300 ish

I agree with the logic, but there is no way Dante took command of the Blood Angels with only 200 years service under his belt, especially amongst the longest lived bloodline.

Dawn of War isnt real.

This.

Also I think when it comes to oldest serving space marine they take in account if said person has been lost in the warp for x amount of years or interred inside a Dreadnought which is a state of both living and dead which doesn't count.

Dante is the Oldest serving marine out there as he has never been lost or trapped in the warp for what fluff we have for him.

I don't know that there's really anyway to tell anyone's "true" age in the era of Warp travel. Let's say you're twenty years old, you travel in the Warp for three weeks. When you arrive at your destination, it's a year later in real-time from when you started. Are you now twenty years old plus three weeks, or are you twenty-one?

Consider that Marines spend a lot of time travelling in the Warp, they can build up huge discrepancies over their lifetimes. So Dante could have just been "born" 1100+ years ago, but he may have only actually "lived" five hundred years, due to the vagaries of Warp travel.

I agree with the logic, but there is no way Dante took command of the Blood Angels with only 200 years service under his belt, especially amongst the longest lived bloodline.

Calgar was around 100, its not too far fetched.. longest lived doesnt mean immortal, casualties still happen

Nor does length of service over-rule aptitude. Dante was probably fast-tracked for command as soon as his tactical nous was recognised and promoted in line with his capabilites as he developed them. Marines, as a general rule, do NOT promote by seniority. They have learnt that mere age does not a good leader make.