Miscast FW kits

I'm hoping someone has had this happen to them:

I purchased the SoB rhino door kit, as well as the rhino extra armor kit fro FW quite awhile ago. I didn't inspect the pieces when the kits arrived (bad move on my part). Now, I notice that a couple of the pieces are so badly miscast, it makes them pretty much unusable.

Has anyone had this happen (waited a long time before inspecting/using the kits)?

I don't expect FW to replace the kits after this long, but is there anything people would recommend I do?

Thanks.

Runepriest

My first Hell Talon came twisted and horribly miscast (frankly, It was so terrible that I was shocked it even made it out their production doors, but whatever...). It was a late gift for christmas, and I didn't even see it until I got home to the states almost 5 months after it was bought. I called FW, explained to them what had happened, and they sent me a replacement immedietely. They're pretty cool dudes about it, give 'em a call, man.

I had this with my bionic kit.

I photographed the parts and emailed them.

I then called and spoke to somone who looked at my photo while I was on and okayed the replacement.

They said keep the miscast parts but then they asked for them back when I chased the parts as it took a couple of weeks for the bits to arrive.

I think the trick is to give them as much info as possible and then chase it.

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Contacted FW via email. They replied back that they couldn't replace the rhino armor, as the mold is being redone, and won't be available for some time. They gave me the option of a refund, or my choice of kit up to the amount they specified.

Thanks to everyone who suggested contacting them. Excellent customer service :)

Runepriest

Archived