Razorback turrets

Marik

So I have really just started collecting and something I noticed is that with vehicles like the Razorback all of the turrets that are available are not included in the box so how should I got about getting the other parts for it?

I think that is GW's way of making you buy more kits to get what you need. It's also why most people who collect go to bits sites or trade with other local gamers to get the parts they need. I recommend looking up different bits sites on ebay and other places to buy the individual parts you need for things like that.

In no particular order you could try:

Bitz Box

Bits and Kits

Model Bits

On ebay, I highly recommend the following stores:

Valhalla Gaming

the-bitz-store

Blackdagger Games

between that lot and a bit of imagination you should hopefully have your AFV's equipped the way you want them in no time ;)

James

• 2 weeks later...

The twin-linked assault cannons and mount come off the land raider crusader (it's the same turret mounting).

The twin-linked heavy flamers - these came from the SoB immolator weapons. The HF fit the same mountings used on the razorback (just replace Heavy bolters or lascannons).

The alternative way to get the turrets are the Predator turret and the Devestators boxed set - you can get pretty much every turret (bar the TL assault cannon) this way... And you have a proper turret to boot (though a twin la turret looks a little to much like a predator without sponsons....)

I tend to stick two marines on the roof of a rhino with heavy weapons.. I converted lazcannons from some beads and parts, then run some cables from them to the inside of the vehicle. An alternative is to cut the pintle mounting off of a turret hatch, file that area down flat, and glue the appropriate weapons into its place. Neither are exactly pretty, but the idea is that my army has to use field mods like that.

So I have really just started collecting and something I noticed is that with vehicles like the Razorback all of the turrets that are available are not included in the box so how should I got about getting the other parts for it?

With the modular designing of all SSM vehicles it would relatively easy to use weapons from other kits. Twin assault cannons are now available from the stormraven for example.

Another source for weapons which is a bit more expensive but which gives you the option of just buying the weapons you want are the Forge World Upgrade parts. I actually prefer the design of the Forge World parts to the more bulky plastic weapons for razorbacks.

SG

Archived