Rifleman Dread Conversion

I have a pair of Assault on Black Reach Dreadnoughts that I’d like to use, and I want to turn them into Riflemen (dual-autocannons). One idea I’ve had is to use a couple of the Burst Cannons from my Tau Hammerhead kits, since I’m not using them on the Tau.

Here is a picture of a couple test poses.

http://rkik.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/dreadnought.jpg?w=500&h=379

I kind of like the bottom one, but it does look a bit silly. The top setup looks a bit more standard, but I’m not sure that I like the piece that is between the guns and the Dread (it’s part of the Skyray sprue). I would like to have it magnetized so I could use other arms in the future.

What do others think?

Dude, gnarly. Kinda reminds me of Mechwarrior, I did a rifledread with an assault cannon and a twin linked autocannon- it looks downright gratuitous haha. i like the one with the shoulder mounted weapons. but that's just me.

They definitely look more like assault cannons rather than auto cannons. Which I like anyway, I made a quad ass.cannon dread for my GKs.

Thanks. I'll give that a try Ecritter.

They do look a bit more like Assault Cannons, but since Space Wolves can't have dual Assault Cannons, I'm not too worried.

@Helfyre, yeah, I am kind of going for a Mechwarrior look with it. Thanks.

I'm not all that convinced... but its only because they don't FEEL like TL autos.

Maybe you could use some straight plastic rod (be it a soda straw filled with foam so it doesn't brake, a piece of those white things they use for pizzas not getting squashed...) and simply use GS to make the tip of the barrel thicker.

Hmm, it looks okay. The top pictures are kinda cool, but it makes the model look very unbalanced. Barrels should be shortened a bit if that is what your going for.

The lower picture indeed looks better in a general sense, but it makes it look more like a Tau crisissuit or broadside then a dread.

If you can get hold of the Autocannon emplacement from the defences set, it is perfect for this. Here's mine;

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/ratofvengence/DSC01523.jpg

Of your options I like the arm placed one on top.

RoV

I use the same guns as assault cannons for my wip space marine flyer. Either way, you can just say they were designed to be as lightweight as possible to make for easier transport of your dread :blink:

Archived