New HH book...

2000AD

This is what Gav said at BLL. Its a Raven Guard story sequal from Ravens Flight showing what happened to the Raven Guard after Istvaan, which will have flash backs to Corax liberating Deliverence.

Also mentioned at BLL was Jim Swollows new Blood Angel HH book coming up.

Yeh that looks pretty sweet i have to admit, one of the better front covers of a BL book!

I concur, this cover is absolutely gorgeous and relays a very distinct feel from the other Heresy novels.

I could really do without the whip. It's not very astartes-ey. Unless...unless the length of the whip is an ultra strong, serrated cord with fiber bundle muscles for extra snap and a power field generator. Then it would be c-wrex approved.

I could really do without the whip. It's not very astartes-ey. Unless...unless the length of the whip is an ultra strong, serrated cord with fiber bundle muscles for extra snap and a power field generator. Then it would be c-wrex approved.

at first i was anti-whip, but then learned he weilds it in defiance of his original masters...found that very fitting.

WLK

I like the whip as it was handled in Raven's Flight. I also like that the art also includes the lightning claw, so now both the Whip and Claw camps can share spotlight on Corax. :P

As to his paleness (or lack of), this was based on Blanche's artwork, where Corax was a darker hue. I prefer him this way, actually, if he got any paler he'd just look like Curze wearing RG regalia.

Speaking of Curze, if/when the BL ever gets around to doing a Night Lords HH novel, I hope they hire this guy to do the cover for that one, too. :P

Speaking of Curze, if/when the BL ever gets around to doing a Night Lords HH novel, I hope they hire this guy to do the cover for that one, too. :P

Neil does 'em all, Khesty.

Hell, fire him then rehire him with a pay raise! His work is beautiful.

What do they did to Corax! He looks like a caveman.

Well, technically he is. He grew up in forced labour mines remember?

Also, i'm glad to see the Raven Guard are getting a book at long last. The Heresy seems to have been skirting around them with Raven's Flight and their brief inclusion in First Heretic so it's good to see them getting the spotlight at long last.

Now we need a book which actually explains how Mortarion turned his back on the Emperor, something actually looking into the Salamanders, and, as noted by the Unbeheld, a Night Lords book. Amongst other things anyway.

Speaking of Curze, if/when the BL ever gets around to doing a Night Lords HH novel, I hope they hire this guy to do the cover for that one, too. :)

Neil does 'em all, Khesty.

See, I like this because it allows for continuity from one novel to the next. I'm curious, how much does he work with the author when he makes the art? I ask because some covers seem spot on in capturing the essence of the book.

at first i was anti-whip, but then learned he weilds it in defiance of his original masters...found that very fitting.

WLK

Absolutely, I didn't think it was appropriate until I heard Raven's Flight. Then the reasons for it, and the descriptions of the damage it causes swung me around! ;)

One of the best HH-cover. Perhaps the best. Only the double-cover from "A Thousand Sons" and "Prospero Burns" is nearly as cool as this. And the picture from Corax is incomparably better than "Angron on the pot"...

Regarding the skin-color: the sun is behind him, right? So, ehm, perhaps it´s only.... shadow? :D

Anyway, I like the more martial and mature style he now has. He doesn´t look like a weeping emo-kid now or like somebody who wears female clothes in secret...

Archived