Buying Wire

Hello, I'm in the process of making a Librarian and things are coming along smoothly. But I'm at something of a Loss for the cables that come off his helmet. I've heard good things about Pewter Wire but don't know who sell it.

So any suggustions or alternatives I can Use?

Hello, I'm in the process of making a Librarian and things are coming along smoothly. But I'm at something of a Loss for the cables that come off his helmet. I've heard good things about Pewter Wire but don't know who sell it.

So any suggustions or alternatives I can Use?

you can use guitar strings. they are quiet hard to bend though so i suggest heating them till they glow red to anneal the metal to make it softer.

pewter wire is sold by dragon forge minatures. I've not used it but have heared great things about it.

I personally wind my own- Take a hacksaw remove the blade and then attach wire in its place. wind up the adjuster so the wire is taught and wind wire along it. It takes patience but is cheap

this link should help

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48233

I recommend the Dragon Forge Design pewter power cables. You don't have to worry about the outer wire unwinding on you. Just cut them to size and you're done! He even has three different thicknesses of cable too, or get the assortment set if you don't know which size you'll need.

My 2 creds. YMMV.

The guitar strings I use aren't particularly hard to shape.

TWO pairs of needle nose pliers and it's quite easy. A good pair of side cutters will cut it, too (just not the GW ones. I've seen them break cutting plastic sprue).

I've replaced ALL of the feed lines on my Cadian flamers with lengths of guitar string, and certain power weapons for my marines also use it.

@chromedog- I'm not saying that the guitar strings ARE difficult to shape, but for the "money saving" aspect of it, I wonder how much you guys are spending on guitar strings. $5-$12 US for a set of strings? Yes, I'll admit that you then have an unlimited amount of cabling-- but the Dragon Forge power cables are not expensive at all. I'm just saying that for those of us that don't play guitar, and don't have old strings lying about, there are alternatives than guitar strings. Also, Jeff Wilhelm, the guy that runs Dragon Forge, has some other really cool stuff for sale, at reasonable prices.

Again, my 2 creds. YMMV.

Well i cant really comment of guitar sting as wire as ive never had the chance to user it. i was gonna try to use some to replace the cables for my custom build plasma cannon servitor but never had a chance. What i did end up using was a suprisingly good substitute. Have you ever seen the plastic coated wire cables they user now adays to fix toys to there boxes??? Well i hadnt untill sortly after xmas last year when i was finally getting my 18month old son loki's presents cleared away i found a few lengths of the stuff and had a brainwave. its about 1mm wide so it fits drilled holes perfectly and thanks to its flexable nature its so easy to fit were you want it its unreal.

I made you i scooped up as many of those things as i could fine and they are currently hiding in mybits box awaiting usage on my next projects.

Well thats my opinion anyway, hope that helps.

Gleaken

Archived