Chapter serfs

madocyw

Howdy all,

Thinking of doing a large scale diorama, and was wondering about chapter serfs and the DA. Specifically, i am thinking of doing either a spaceport or a hanger diorama, and was thinking about how chapter serfs would play a rol ein the day to day life of the DA. I'm sure that a lot of the basic technical activity would probably be handled by the servitors, but there is probably room for chapter serfs in the mix - noncombatant pilots for the cargo lighters, landers, supply officers, etc. From a fluff point of view, I'd guess that they would be a mix of failed scout candidates (who would be the pilots and maybe gunners/crew on the support vehicles and ships)...

But where else would the chapter serfs come from? Humans who aren't servitors, and aren't failed candidates? Would they come from families that either are living n the Rock and aboard the fleet ships, or on specific, more advanced planets that the DA recruit from? Would the Navigators come from one specific family associated only with the DA?

not so sure on these answers myself, I think most would be failed scout candidates, but thats no reason why ot precludes having ser families on the rock. Id think it highly likely that there would be. Maybe they even bear arms in a support role? Plus there needs rto be cooking/supply staff...not sure an ex-noviate (who are likely to be military/war orientated) would wish to fulfil that particulart role.

As for navigators...id say associated with one family, to keep the fallen hidden, you know...but, im not sure on them.

Archived