Magnetizing a Razorback

My method for Razorback turret magnets involves removing the pin on the turret upright and replacing it with a magnet that sits flush with the upright, Then using the uprights magnets to confirm polarity place a magnet in each half or the weapon uaing the pivot hole as the location. Then glue the weapons together using gun shield and the turret to ensure propper fit and alignment. Once the weapon is dry place a magnet for the gun shield into the rectangular area that connects the two weapon halves then place another magnet ontop of the first, put a small blob of green stuff in the general area under the gun shield and press the shield onto the weapon to locate the exact spot you need to glue the shield magnet( the green stuff will act not only as the locator but also space the magnet for best retention) Once the Green stuff is set up glue in the magnet and once dry you're all set.

I do the guns pretty much the same way as striker8 and it works very well. I do the shield a bit differently but there is enough room for magnets so you can figure something out pretty easily.

Does anyone have any suggestions for magnetizing the weapons to the turret?

Yes: don't. There is no need to: all you do is cut off the axle on which the weapons are meant to pivot, and they will still stay on the turret perfectly well on account of the ammo feed/power lines running down through the turret roof.

Does anyone have any suggestions for magnetizing the weapons to the turret?

Yes: don't. There is no need to: all you do is cut off the axle on which the weapons are meant to pivot, and they will still stay on the turret perfectly well on account of the ammo feed/power lines running down through the turret roof.

Indeed. The only place where You need some magnets is the weapon cover.

And even then only if you really care to have it on the guns. I glued mine to one set of weapons and left the other one "bare." Doesn't bother me :D

Archived