Altering a brass color

My wife has been painting her terminators and she painted them boltgun on everything and using the sepia wash. They have become an awesome brass color, and look statue-esq. Any tips for some contrasting colors/highlights, I'm suggesting black on the shoulder pads and shes using tin bitz and shining gold for highlights. Any other tips for colors?

I guess it really depends on what sort of colour scheme you (your wife) wants the army to have. I personally would go a dark purple with what you have described, but a red could look cool too.

I'll work on getting some pictures up soon, but she isn't near done as of yet. She is just working on the first coat of Merichite (sp) on the armor, and I think will be doing a coat or two above that one. She also has a long way to go due to having 10 of them to do. I had given her the boxes out of my personal collection of unfinished boxes (bought a couple of the apoc sets and then got buried by school work). It just takes in upwards of 20 or so minutes to do one and so its slow going, but painting time should be more plentiful next two weeks.

Also any camera tips?

I like to use a green wash on brass (thraka green). It gives it a little bit of a weathered copper look while keeping the highlights of a brass. I know brass doesn't patina like copper, but it looks good. Give it a try.

Archived