54mm Terminator Inquisitor

So while I try and motivate myself to paint my challenge mini's I was looking at the lower right leg I remove from my 54mm Inquisitor marine. Could I use this to make another marine? Yes I told myself, so I looked through my bit box for other 54mm left overs I could use. I found an Eldar head, knee pad from the marine and some Eisenhorn bits. In this task though I found my old Inquisitor terminators from back in the day and thought I could try to replicate the one with the bionic leg.

this one (this is not my mini)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/phpThumb.php?src=/home/coolmini/www/pics/pics14/img4b269ff73e60f.jpg&w=730&hash=bc0069ec71c7b3160c467edbd387d627

So my starting point was this

med_gallery_3931_5861_115632.jpg

And I have got to here

med_gallery_3931_5861_74072.jpg

Now I am unsure how to proceed and have limited resources and my sculpting skills are not great. I have available some plasticard of various thickness's, some wooden dowl and greenstuff. I can also ransack the house for usable items. If you can come up with any suggestions I will be very greatful.

Hezrou

His head seems a bit large for his body. It's almost like he's about to Hulk Hogan his Termy armor.

you have to remember thats a 22 year old mini from GW. They have altered how they sculpt and I would be using a scaled head. I'm struggling with how to build the terminator body.

When you scratchbuild something you have to try to break it down into simple forms. You could make the stomach and chest armour, as well as the "collar", with a varying thicknesses of piping, for example. The sides of the torso are flat, so you can just measure a normal termie or your inquisitor, depending on what style you are going for and cut the sides out of plasticard in the appropriate size. The "roof" section could be a layer of plasticard with another thinner layer on top to reproduce the panels on top. Then fill in the gaps with putty. Add some wires, guitar string etc for cabling. The grill in the back could just be a few layered strips of plasticard with an armor panel with the holes in it.

The bracing on the tights could have been made with plastic tubes as well to ensure uniform thickness etc. Trying to sculpt it all by hand, will just be a lot more work than you have to go through.

If you aren't sure how the termie is supposed to look like in certain places search for references, take a look at your models and copy what you see. If you aren't sure about how to build it, maybe looking at some other scratchbuildt terminators would help. I know there were a few on this board, just search the WIP section, you should find some useful information there.

Archived