How do you envision Angron?

I imagine him furiously angry when his name is misspelled :HQ:....but I like how he was described in Tales of Heresy, coppery red hair, noble face, angry. Although I remember he was mentioned wearing some cool ancienty looking armor of bronze and chainmail in the other Heresy books.......but in my imagination hes red haired guy in cool ancient armor ready to apply chain-axe to the face.

Although I remember he was mentioned wearing some cool ancienty looking armor of bronze and chainmail in the other Heresy books.......but in my imagination hes red haired guy in cool ancient armor ready to apply chain-axe to the face.

Sorry, but how do ancient looking armor and cool ancient armor contradict each other?

Although I remember he was mentioned wearing some cool ancienty looking armor of bronze and chainmail in the other Heresy books.......but in my imagination hes red haired guy in cool ancient armor ready to apply chain-axe to the face.

Sorry, but how do ancient looking armor and cool ancient armor contradict each other?

They don't, the first statement was from the books, I just imagine him similar to that...sorry, I was writing from my phone at work and tend to run sentences together and not present clear thoughts.

no hair. in a fight long hair can be used against you in a close fight. a opponent van grasp it and i dont see angron giving anybody that advantage.

his face/body is scared. he shows his wounds to his opponents to let them know what they are getting into. the scars can intimidate a weaker foe and can be seen as a mark of pride.

his armor is largely ceremonial. he relies on his skills, rather than something else for his protection. he is a beast.

i kinda see jason statham, if he was larger and scarier. basically everything brutal and primal wrapped in a shell of flesh.

WLK

@WLK - Pretty much how i envisage Angron as well, although he is rage personified i think that he wouldn't be so careless as to just have ceremonial armour, i think he would be suited up accordingly although probably in something crafted to be a slimmer fit, or at least covering the major areas for rapid movement.

I've always pictured him as looking a little like Blanka from street fighter

a bit like this (only not green)

http://www.deviantart.com/download/92660405/Blanka_Street_Fighter_Tribute_by_dogmeatsausage.jpg

Well thanks to art work i know what he looks like, but i imagine him as a guy who sits in his study having a nice brandy going over maps for war engagements. Where he spends hours of calmly assessing which tactic to use. He speaks to his Captains and asks their oppinions and they give him direct but calm answers. Then they trail off and end up speaking about how good the brandy is and how much they love kittens. After hours of sensless talk Angron would jump up and yell "I have it we will charge the enemy like crazed maniacs its worked in the past, lets do it again"

Everyone agrees and then they talk about how Angron has nicely decorated his study.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it doesn't matters as much to me how he physically looks, cause that has been covered quite a bit. Bald with gold armor, possibly with covered in red blood, with those little leather strips you see on roman armor. I think the key is to capture his character, which is much more complex than your average world eater.

Originally, Angron was a slave. He rebelled, created an army of his fellow slaves, and was ready to die alongside them. but then along comes the emperor who spirits him away while the rest of his army gets slaughtered. He had to be angry about that, and I imagine Angron as this perpetually simmering warrior, always struggling with the belief that he, in serving the emperor, has simply traded one form of slavery for another.

There needs to be this constant anger in his features, like a tension that never leaves his shoulders. Every step he takes is filled with menace and anger, he stomps when he walks and he never has his head held high. When he talks, its to bark orders, and he doesn't nod or salute, just glare. When he leads, its from the front, in amongst his warriors, but he doesn't use speeches or grand examples to inspire them. Thats not his way, because beneath it all, he doesn't share his brothers devotion or loyalty. He is doing this because he has been ordered to. But there are moments, when he is in the thick of the fighting, that a smile comes to his face, and for a moment, you might hear him laugh. He can almost be content, because he is thinking back to when he was fighting for his freedom, and the blood he spilt was in the name of a cause he believed in, so much more so than the imperial one. But then the moment fades and he is drawn back to real world, and the feeling of the imperial aquila that hangs from a chain around his neck or is tattooed into his fleash. Just another mark to show that he is someone's property.

That is what I think of when I envision him.

Archived