Deathwatch and the Ravenwing

Ragnarok Project

Some friends and I decided to start a Deathwatch campaign, and I chose to be a Dark Angel. After all the rolling was done, it turns out that my particular battle-brother has been serving in the Ravenwing before being "volunteered" to aid the Inquisition. My main question is: Does the Ravenwing (and Deathwing) keep their company's iconography and color scheme for their right shoulder plate or do they revert to the chapter's iconography and colors?

I would argue that they keep their iconography unchanged. In my mind the Ravenwing/Deathwing iconography is chapter iconography just like the battle company green and white is chapter iconography. If you're worried about not enough contrast between the ravenwing black and deathwatch black maybe you could invert the colors (black icon on a white background).

They would keep their DW and RW iconography. You can use the Space Wolves as another example. They are arranged in their Great Companies with no unified Space Wolf Chapter emblem. They would maintain their Great Company logo as they join the Deathwatch.

They would keep their DW and RW iconography. You can use the Space Wolves as another example. They are arranged in their Great Companies with no unified Space Wolf Chapter emblem. They would maintain their Great Company logo as they join the Deathwatch.

Agreed. They would keep their iconography as a symbol of their heritage and accomplishment.

You would never want to go "backwards"

I would respectfully disagree.

I think the allegiance would be Chapter first, company second. Deathwing and Ravenwing, no matter how respected and lauded to a Dark Angel, are still just companies, and would be secondary to their allegiance to the Chapter. In the Deathwatch you display your Chapter insignia, so I think the standard Dark Angel symbol is most appropriate.

If you wanted to add iconography to give recognition to his achievements in the Chapter, either place the company specific icon on knee pads or use one of the chest plates (either current or old metal) that carries the Ravenwing symbols (obviously Deathwing power armour is harder to come by). That way you solve all the problems.

Just my two cents.

Cheers

Widowmaker

I'm gonna throw a wrench in here. Would the chapter allow someone from Deathwing or to a lesser degree Raven get involved with deathwatch? My concern mainly is being so actively close to Inquisitors who may get a inckling of something about our secret. Now regular battle bros who have no knowledge isn't a problem but the other 2, especially DW. Remember we are dealing with powerful psykers here, who pick up thoughts.

Archived