Could one of the Custodes fall to Chaos?

Sons of Horus

How are the Custodes even around anymore? It's not like the big E is still making them anymore. I have never seen it anywhere that they live forever or are immune to aging.

They are mentioned numerous times though- maybe the High Lords make them using the same process that the Emperor used?

I don't think they know how to make more Custodes. I believe that they are immune to aging, or at least can live for a very long time. Also, they NEVER leave the palace, as they are always guarding the Emperor. As such, I think is it safe to say none of them have ever turned to Chaos.

I don't think they know how to make more Custodes. I believe that they are immune to aging, or at least can live for a very long time. Also, they NEVER leave the palace, as they are always guarding the Emperor.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Adeptus_Custodes

Here, it's "rarely leave the palace" and "never leave Terra" rather than "never leave the palace"- doesn't say anything about them being immortal and irreplacable though. It does mention that the Captain-General of the Custodes is sometimes a High Lord.

If I remember correctly, in Flight of Flight of the Eisenstein Garro laments about being a guest on Luna, thinking something along the lines that Space Marines are effectively immortal unless killed in combat. So some of the Custodes may be some of the original bunch.

So some of the Custodes may be some of the original bunch.

I would need to find the source for it, but I remember reading that none of the original thunder warriors exist any longer as the Emperor created them only to be prototpes for the Astartes; that the thunder warriors were to be finite while the Astartes were meant to be infinite in the Emperor's plan.

Archived