Converting Captain Malcom Reynolds

I usually have something on the TV while painting my space marines. Recently, its been marathons of Castle, to which I got the idea to make a conversion of good ol' Mal from Firefly to be one of my scout squad sergeants. Do you guys have any suggestions on what bits to use to make this possible?

Can you be a bit more specific as to just how you want the conversion to look like Malcolm Reynolds and still resemble a scout sergeant?

Or are you simply wanting a mini that looks like the Firefly character in terms of both features and clothes?

For example, if it's the former, are you looking for a head swap that will pass for Nathan Fillian? Or if it's the latter, are you looking for a guy with an overcoat, pistol and flared nostrils?

I was mostly looking for a head that would pass as Fillion-ish, and adding it to something in the 40k range of models. maybe something from IG and green stuff his iconic brown coat.

I'm also open to other suggestions on making it myself, but not quite buying a presculpted model.

I was mostly looking for a head that would pass as Fillion-ish, and adding it to something in the 40k range of models. maybe something from IG and green stuff his iconic brown coat.

I'm also open to other suggestions on making it myself, but not quite buying a presculpted model.

Actually, one of the scout heads does spring to mind.

Archived