1850 C:SM VS IG

brigoon

First off let me say it was a heck of a fight!

Here is a link to the two army lists

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry2688665

It was a kill point game, he moved first

He also threw me a couple wrenchs such as having a veteran tank crew, IA Ammo for his tanks & his Vanquisher having reinforced armor. He also declared he was using IA rules for his Valkyrie. He also brough along Commander Pask for his Punisher

Needless to say I was not prepared for such a insane about of IA rules. I told he we could start using them but I didnt exspect that to be the next game we played. Needless of what looked like a ton of advantages I had no counters for I said lets rumble anyway.

In the end we tied 6 to 6 for points.

Some of the highlights

Machine Spirt of my land raider crusader shot down his valkyrie after it went into hover to drop off his storm troopers.

His Armor force was mauled very badly His Vanquisher, Punisher was imobllized his Leman Russ, Valkyrie was destroyed

My Terminators run across the field after their land raider crusader got popped in 2nd turn of shooting shrugged off all his fire from the Punisher until turn 5 when they just couldn't take it anymore lol.

Some bad stuff:

I shouldnt of given him turn 1! it caused my scouts to get mauled before they could do anything

Also my Assault squad dropped in too close to his Veterans and lost 1/2 their strength before they could attack

Bike squad got retasked to fight storm troopers and died

Scouts had to fight a veteran squad with his comissar

Land Raider got popped by the 2nd turn of shooting from all the AT rounds

Good stuff:

The Dreadnought landed right on time and right on target cause nothing but headaches for him :blush:

Everyone made their Armor or cover save at least 2 or 3 times before they died(I mean everyone!)

Thunder Cannon chewed up his Infantry nicly

Storm Troopers, 1 Veteran Squad & the HQ squad died

Over all it came down to luck for me to even sqeek out a tie. I should of taken 1st turn and make him dump all that extra IA stuff that realy suprised me.

Tell next weekend! I hope my Assualt Ram shows up soon flying Land Raider here I come ! >:huh:

Here's the thing: you can mix IA units into a codex army, but you can't use IA wargear for codex units, and vice versa. It sounds like that's what he was doing, considering it was a Codex: Imperial Guard army but with veteran tank crews and other nonsense. I'm sorry, but that's just plain cheating. One can't mix two different army lists on a whim, especially without telling your opponent.

Good thing you got a tie out of it!

It may not be cheating, Seahawk, it may just be that he's not clear on how the rules for integrating IA units work. Most people aren't. They're not exactly a standard part of the game. Never attribute to malice without evidence of such what can be explained by ignorance, apathy, or incompetence.

Not prepared and you pull a draw? Damn son, I'd hate to face you in a standup fight! Well played.

Ah, but to me cheating can happen whether there's malice (or intent) involved or not, so when I say it it's an umbrella term. I know that's not its true singular definition, but that's how I roll.

@ brigoon: The assault ram will most certainly help against a tank-heavy IG army. All ahead full!

Archived