belt fed stormbolters

Shyft

I'm planning on getting a box of new plastic Grey Knights soon, Terminators or GKSS I dunno yet, but in either case, I'm not a big fan of the box-magazine fed stormbolters, so I wanted to figure out some options as to how to convert them into belt-fed hotness.

I have the following suggestions from other sources, and I avail myself to this fine forum's expertise:

Idea 1: Make it scratch out of Greenstuff.

Pro: Great deal of control

Con: Probably is going to use more GS than I'm comfortable with.

Idea 2: find heavy bolter parts from space marine devastators and mount them against the stormbolter housing/backpack.

Pro: Plastic comes well detailed, easy to figure out.

Con: Hard to find in-bulk without buying a box of Devastators

Con: Belt may be too wide to fit the storm bolter ammo feed and look good.

That's all I got. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

There's a really interesting belt-fed combiplasma that comes with the Terminator Librarian; you could take a look at that and maybe do some greenstuffing/converting with a plain storm bolter and then cast it if you need a bunch.

I wouldn't know the first thing about casting, to be quite honest, I'd love to say i'm one hell of a conversion artist, but my GK army isn't even fully painted. It's worth mentioning though, I'll keep it in mind.

IIRC the Chaos Marines have a bunch of loose belt feeds for their bolters, might be worth looking at as an option.

I've repositioned the belts on CSM bolt pistols to turn them into belt fed wrist-mounted twin-linked bolters for two Chaos Terminators. The belts are easy to cut off and reposition, and can be had readily from a bitz site.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/montismo/terminator-001-front.jpg

You can get the more curved belts from the CSM bolt pistols and more straight belts from the CSM boltguns.

Archived