Angron = Sparticus

2000AD

Sorry to mention this if it seems obvious but it only really occured to me the other day.....

Especially the bit where he is basically surrounded on all sides by his enemies and be finished off....... virtually identical to how Sparticus is alleged to have met his death.

It's a great idea for Angron's character as well because his hatred for Emperor is born of the guilt and frustration he feels because he didn't stay with his men to the end. Angron wanted an honourable death with his fellow gladiators. This ties so well into Khorne because Khorne is (in a twisted way) an honourable god.

This ties so well into Khorne because Khorne is (in a twisted way) an honourable god.

Martial pride != Honor

Khorne doesn't care from where the blood flows, only that it does.

Can't see Khornate warriors balking at cutting down women and children in the throes of frenzy :o

Edit; Angron can't be Spartacus.....I'M Spartacus.........(No I'M Spartacus!!........No I'M Spartacus...........)

(I'm Spartacus, and so's my wife.....bit of cross ref there xD)

It's a great idea for Angron's character as well because his hatred for Emperor is born of the guilt and frustration he feels because he didn't stay with his men to the end. Angron wanted an honourable death with his fellow gladiators. This ties so well into Khorne because Khorne is (in a twisted way) an honourable god.

Sparticus hated the 'powers that be' which enforced the notion of gladiatorial slavery........ Angron hated the 'powers that be' (in the form of the Emperor) in exactly the same way.

This ties so well into Khorne because Khorne is (in a twisted way) an honourable god.

Martial pride != Honor

Khorne doesn't care from where the blood flows, only that it does.

Can't see Khornate warriors balking at cutting down women and children in the throes of frenzy <_<

Actually if you will accept Warhammer Fantasy Fluff as an example,(since Khorne is essentially the same character in both) in the Warriors of Chaos army book, it mentions that while Khorne doesn't really care from where the blood flows, his servants do have a respect for martial honor and do tend to leave non-combatants alive because such weaklings are no real offering to the blood god.

I hope that this isnt based of the series of Spartacus in which blood seems to explode from a body just by punching a knive in it.

Here it is more like "blood explodes from the body by hitting it several times with the chain axe of your choice" :P

I always (well, since Legion at least) thought that Alpharius had laid claim to Spartacus with the whole "I'm Alpharius." "No, I'm Alpharius." "No, I'm Alpharius!" schtick. :devil:

Archived