Help with temple bases

Hi, i'm buying a new Grey knight army which i want to be a show army, ie mostly about the pretty than about the gaming (i'll still be playing with them though)

i really want some great bases for them and the best resin ones i could find online were these which i really like.

http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/temple-c-3_27.html

the only issue is that these cost £4.00 for 2 termie bases or 5 regular bases

here is the army i will be purchasing so you can see why the price might be an issue

Lord draigo

Inquisitor Coteaz

9 paladins

Brother hood champion

10 purifiers

40 terminators

3 dreadknights

thats 50 terminators and 3 big elipticals as well as 10-15 regular bases. well over £150

so how can i make bases like these or along this theme? i've always been very proud of my bases and i've just finished a necron army and a BA army with intricate lava bases however until now they have always been very 2D. I ike with these how they are very 3 dimensional and how they spill over the edge of the base.

one issue is that whatever solution i come up with cannot take forever because as i said there are a lot of bases to do.

oh also the dreadknights big bases i'd like to get some actual temple buildings on there. any suggestions as to where i could get the buildings from?

so basically if anyone can suggest a method or lead me to a tutorial to make temple like bases, preferably 3D ones but info on more 2D ones would also be great.

Thanks

Have you seen these? The 25mm bases come out to $1 a piece, the TDA bases are $1.50 a piece, and the big oval is $8. Shipping to the UK will cost, but the dollar is crap compared to the pound, so you should make out on it.

EDIT: checked their shipping rates, and you'd be probably looking at <$10

Archived