Interchangable arms for the AoBR Dread

Bannus

Sorry for not posting any pics.

However, I have discovered a ridiculously simple way to make the arms between your normal Dreadnoughts and your Assault on Black Reach Dreadnoughts interchangeable without purchasing magnets or other paraphernalia.

You know those soft plastic clear tubes that protect your newly purchased paint brushes? Yep, don't throw them away - especially the ones with an outside diameter of 3/8".

What you will need:

• 1 3/8" plastic paint brush protector
  • 1 5/16" drill bit
  • 1 3/8" drill bit
  • 1 sharp hobby knife
  • 1+ AoBR Dreadnoughts (obviously)

Step 1: Simply hone the inside of the tube with a 5/32" drill bit.

Step 2: Gently hammer the tube onto the AoBR Dreadnought's arm peg (no glue is required! I used the handle of my hobby knife as the "hammer") and trim flush. One tube is typically long enough for 5-7 pegs.

Step 3: Hone out the AoBR arms with a 3/16" drill bit (there is enough extra plastic to do this - but take your time).

That is it - now you can swap all of the arms between your Dreadnoughts now at whim!

Want to give your AoBR Dread the twin-linked lascannon arm not currently being used on your other Dreadnought? No problem now! Just stick it on! Want to put the multi-melta arm on your regular Dreadnought? No problem!

Archived