Help with a grey knight dip

So I want a quick way to paint 60 odd grey knight terminators quickly.

I'm planning to spray them with army painter plate mail.

I saw the army painter dips and I was wanting to do a similar principle but with a blue dip

Would it work if I just filled a jar with a pot of as rumen blue wash and water or would I need another chemical to dilute or what?

If I could make this my plan would be spray with plate mail, dip with blue, dry brush with chain mail silver then highlight with mithril silver.

Do you think that this will work out well?

Will the blue shade the model or just tint it. If not how should I shade a metallic like that that I want to keep bright? I use gryphons sepia a lot but I often use it to turn silver to gold so I don't want to use it with the grey knights

Dips, like the one Army Builder sells, is actually REALLY thick stuff. The only reason why you hear dips made from wood stains are "diluted" is simply because those are even thicker. The consistency, thickness and coverage of a dip is far higher than a normal wash. I doubt thinning Asurman Blue will work, especially if you dilute it with water.

try this recipe:

1 6 or 8 oz cup/jar, bottle of Pledge with Future Shine Arcylic floor finish (blue label bottle), whatever shade of blue paint or ink

mix one part Pledge floor polish with water and add drops of paint or ink to taste. grab an old brush and test on a old figure. a little trial and error and you can get the tint or shade your looking for. and a lot cheaper to do as well. plus the floor polish dip dries in about 10-15 minutes; less if you have a fan nearby. :P

I'm in the process of dipping my GKs as well and I've had the same ideas about dipping them in blue. I've tried with the black dip and never looked back, they look stunning, and I don't miss the blue hue at all.

If you're after a simple non-metalic/grey effect, Adeptus Battlegrey in the recesses, Fortress grey as the main colour followed by Space Wolves Grey and/or Skull White as highlights might be an option.

Archived