Iron Warriors

Previously I have thought about Imperial Fists and Word Bearers for Great Crusade/Pre Heresy era but this morning I had a flash of inspiration.

Imperial Fist mastery of seige warfare + Word Bearers bitterness at a lack of love from the Emperor = IRON WARRIORS !!

( Plus from a practical point of view as the Warriors armour doesn't change dramatically once they turn traitor I can use the same figures all the way through from 30k to 40k if I want to play Chaos Marines . Double plus is they share the same basic colour scheme as the Astral Claws so I just need to load up on silver paint and black wash ! ;) )

So were would be the best place to find out the background to the Legion - do they appear in any of the Heresy novels ?

Armour wise I thinking Mk2 and Mk3 power armour ( with some Mk4 and Mk5 thrown in ). Did the Iron Warriors have Terminator armour ?

i always idolise the iron warriors and black legion for one (maybe 2) reason's

1. Iron warriors can still praise any god they so wish (as they are chaos undivided) aka summon deamons (even if they do lack faith they can still do it), use cultists etc but they also have a mastery of technology which brings them on par with a modern loyalist army (if no better) as they have profited from their Primarchs vast knowledge and he is still around!

Same goes for the Black legion except I believe that the black legion are the best simpyl because they were led by Horus the Emperors favorite son (least until he commited genoside on a 600billion basis............. woops :P) so he would of benefited from all the Emperors teachings in every art of war, be it technological, covert or siege (im not saying he was better than every primarch im saying he was the equal in their field) Sadly hes dead which means that abadon the 13 time failure has taken his place but still commands like Horus and benefits in all areas be it technology or deamon worship. not to mention the direct blessing of the 4 chaos gods

& Yes id say Iron warriors had some of (if not the best) terminator armour. (and vindicators and artillery cannons etc) just check Lexicanum

(And sorry for going of on a maaaaaaaaaajor tangent :P)

If you are going for Pre-Heresy Iron Warriors I'd go with mk III purely because it'd fit with their style of warfare. At the end of the day though go for what you think looks coolest.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have terminators because it seems like all the legions did.

IRON WARRIORS !!

So were would be the best place to find out the background to the Legion - do they appear in any of the Heresy novels ?

I do not think they have appeared in the HH novels, I could be wrong though because I drift in an out with that series. I would say look at Lexicanum for some of their background info. Around the GC era, They are scattered throughout the galaxy carrying out sieges for various other legions and armies, some are left behind to garrison worlds, and they are turning bitter towards many things.

Best of Luck with your future army, IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

This book might help. The Short Iron Within.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Prod...eofdarkness.pdf

or

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/Excusive-...Tour-Dates.html

Also the best BL book to date is Storm of Iron.

Archived