Primarch Vulkan Conversion in only FIVE easy(?) steps!

After searching through various sources I have come to the conclusion that if I want a model of Vulkan, I will have to make him myself. (:idea:) So, here's my idea...

1) Buy the Tyrus model.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1184275_99111399011_INQTyrusMain_445x319.jpg

2) Cut off the Inquisition symbol, bolter, and wrist blade (not to mention other various bits and bobs)

3) Put a Giant Hammer where the bolter was, put a Flamer under the Power Fist/Claw, and put a Melta on top of it, add He-Stan's flaming halo, and Drake skin cloaks and such where needed.

4) Add any on as many Salamander bits as I can (Read: Own. ;) )

5) Paint him Green with Black highlights, and paint his face Onyx/Pitch Black with white and grey hair.

What do you guys think?

Also, if you mention the height, this happens: :P :P :D

Thanks for looking!

You do realize that Primarchs may be bigger than a Space Marine, but they are by no means Daemon Prince-sized right....

Well except Magnus.

A Space Marine is 9 feet on average. Some SMs are over 10 feet.

The step up from six (a tall man, human male average is about five feet six if you count the whole world) to nine (an average SM) is +50%.

By that measure, a Primarch ought to be around 13.5 feet, and could easily reach 15 feet tall. Now you've got a Primarch who wearing armour probably is nearly triple the size of an average human. Therefore this model is about the right size for Vulkan in Termie armour, in my opinion.

I think it's going to look like you've put an inquisitor model in your army. Primarchs are not as big as Tyrus. All of the information we have on primarchs says that marines come up to their chest as men come to the chest of a marine.

The that end - I suggest using terminator legs, for they are the right scale, and some form of modified torso.

Heres a link to the Rogal Dorn I made: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;hl=rogal+dorn

and the finished product: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...25&start=25

If you're going to make a primarch you might as well pour your heart and soul into the effort, branch out and learn some techniques etc, Dorn was my first ever use of green stuff as anything except gap filler.

Also: wait until Nick Kymes book promethean suns or the age of darkness compliation comes out, according to his blog vulkan is in those stories and you'll want as much info on him as possible before jumping in. ( This from experience as I will be making a vulkan as soon as a decent description gets published)

Hope this helps,

BZ

You do realize that Primarchs may be bigger than a Space Marine, but they are by no means Daemon Prince-sized right....

Well except Magnus.

The step up from six (a tall man, human male average is about five feet six if you count the whole world) to nine (an average SM) is +50%.

By that measure, a Primarch ought to be around 13.5 feet, and could easily reach 15 feet tall. Now you've got a Primarch who wearing armour probably is nearly triple the size of an average human. Therefore this model is about the right size for Vulkan in Termie armour, in my opinion.

Don't know where you get your info, but I've always heard that a Marine is 7 feet tall.

I own several Tyrus models, and they're far too big to make a Primarch, with the exception of Magnus.

Also, if you mention the height, this happens: ^_^ :lol: :P

Seriously?!? Notice what all of the comments have been based around. His height. Guess what? People aren't going to get past that. I can't.

Tyrus as a "primarch-sized" figure would be way over-the-top, IMHO. As was said before in this thread, the primarchs were big, even when compared to other Space Marines, but Magnus was the only one defined as a "giant" among the primarchs. I agree with Joasht that only a demon prince should be that tall. 15 ft tall? Really?!? Measure out 15 ft and figure out what he might ride in? A landraider? Maybe on top.

If you're planning on making an Inquisitor-scale marine version of Vulkan, wouldn't it just be easier to start with the Inquisitor-scale Space Marine, Brother Artemis? Oh wait, that's been done before.

Okay, as I look back, maybe I was a bit harsh... But considering that the idea of using an Inquisitor-scale mini is way too big, perhaps you should take another look at what BrotherZaah posted about making a true-scale marine as your version of Vulkan. Just an idea. I think it would be a bit taller, without being so freakish on the tabletop as a mini scaled for a different game entirely.

:angry:

8 feet is supposed to be the 'norm'.

That, however, is based upon a drawing that starts at the soles and is the 1' mark.

So 7' is actually the norm, EVEN IN ARMOUR.

Why not go larger?

Make him the size of king kong?

Oh, then he'd be a jokaero... :Troops:

Don't get disappointed, everyone gets conversion ideas that don't sit well with the general public all the time. But seriously, theres no mention anywhere that Primarchs are anywhere near 15 feet tall; as with some of the others I agree that most Primarchs are probably 1-2 feet taller (except Magnus) than the average marine.

Archived