Dismantling Glued Minitures?

Bought some second hand plastic Space Wolf minis but the previous owner stuck them together with a two part resin? I think. You brush the one part on and spray the second and this stuff stick like flies to Nurgle. I have tried brute force but the arms break at the wrists, back packs break in half etc. I've tried acetone, no good. I even tried painting small amounts of laqueur thinners into the joins but also no good.

Any advice on how to safely dismantle these guys into their component parts?

Well, I can help you with the arms (I think), what I do is get my plastic cutters and place the blade-y bits on the front and back of the joint and squeeze, it normally breaks the glue off. This can work for backpacks as well, but they are in a slightly trickier positon. Hope this helps and you can find some way to get the head/body/legs separated (If you want to).

GRN

I'd agree with the earlier post and suggest that you try putting something into the joins and levering them apart, working on the bond between the parts.

And for all of those out there who are for plastic over metal, this would be some much easier with the latter rather than the former.

I'd agree with the earlier post and suggest that you try putting something into the joins and levering them apart, working on the bond between the parts.

And for all of those out there who are for plastic over metal, this would be some much easier with the latter rather than the former.

Archived