Confusing Dark Angel Fluff

Master of fact

Im trying to get the Dark Angel story straight in my head. There are conflicting stories surrounding them, the only things iv read are the Horus Heresy books and the newest dex.

Can someone generous give me a basic run down or kick in the right direction? Trying to figure out id DA turned chaos or not/nearly. Im even confusing myself now!

I do but im sure they have been covered somewhere.

Was the Lion touched by chaos but turned away? The codex is clear, DA are the first of the emperors space marine's.

What other books can i read to get an idea about Luthor ect.

Sorry in a rush my kids are doing my head in......

Luthor appears quite a in Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels they seem to be the best fluff for Luthor Himself. As for falling to Chaos i am not certain, perhaps some did, but most fallen i have come accross dont seem to be Chaos Marines

In general, most of the fluff pieces of Lion'el being tempted by chaos is either fanfic or accounts of fallen angels (and they aren't exactly trustworthy). It's often based on the time it took him to get to Terra during the siege and many feel that he waited to see who would win.

But nothing official hints to Lion'el being corrupted or tempted by chaos.

It's often based on the time it took him to get to Terra during the siege and many feel that he waited to see who would win.

Funny thing about that is the fact that Jonson did not travel back alone, he returned from a campaign with Russ...

Hence if Jonson had been late because he was "waiting", then Russ is guilty too...

Since nobody blames Russ for arriving late, then there's no reason to blame Jonson as well

It's often based on the time it took him to get to Terra during the siege and many feel that he waited to see who would win.

Funny thing about that is the fact that Jonson did not travel back alone, he returned from a campaign with Russ...

Hence if Jonson had been late because he was "waiting", then Russ is guilty too...

Since nobody blames Russ for arriving late, then there's no reason to blame Jonson as well

I know but I think that other chapters have it in for us since we're obviously so much better :cuss

The reason I remember reading some where years ago was that Johnson convinced Russ to stop at worlds along the way and help out those worlds in revolt, maybe it was a destress call. Johnson's argument was that if they don't help these worlds there might not be anything left to save of the empire even if they do make it back to earth in time.

Russ on the other hand wanted to ignore it all and drive straight on to earth, feeling that they needed to stand with their father in the last battle.

Russ blames Johnson for missing out on the final battle, but fails to accept that he agreed to help the worlds on the way, when he could have easily left Johnson and headed to earth with his own troops.

Where the question comes up about loyalty, is because the two forces at earth were evenly matched, and had either side gained one more legion it would have tipped the scale. So we question who wasn't there and why. And all we get is Russ whining that he wanted to be there, but Johnson held him up.

Although from a kharma perspective Johnson lost both of his homes due to lack of determined drive to get home.

The reason I remember reading some where years ago was that Johnson convinced Russ to stop at worlds along the way and help out those worlds in revolt, maybe it was a destress call. Johnson's argument was that if they don't help these worlds there might not be anything left to save of the empire even if they do make it back to earth in time.

Russ on the other hand wanted to ignore it all and drive straight on to earth, feeling that they needed to stand with their father in the last battle.

Russ blames Johnson for missing out on the final battle, but fails to accept that he agreed to help the worlds on the way, when he could have easily left Johnson and headed to earth with his own troops.

Where the question comes up about loyalty, is because the two forces at earth were evenly matched, and had either side gained one more legion it would have tipped the scale. So we question who wasn't there and why. And all we get is Russ whining that he wanted to be there, but Johnson held him up.

Although from a kharma perspective Johnson lost both of his homes due to lack of determined drive to get home.

You got that back to front. It was Jonson, who, with his tactical and strategic acuen, wanted to head straight to terra. However, Russ, with his honour bound tendency to help loyalists in trouble, insisted in liberating some worlds on the way. There was some tacticakl reasoning there too, in order to replenish their fleets from those worlds. This is old fluff... Jonson then blamed Russ for getting to Terra too late.... However all this is being re written in great detail with the Horus Heresy series!

Archived