So I'm kinda low on disposable income, and the mid-near future looks to stay that way. Can anyone recommend some decent primers that aren't extortionately priced? I'm looking for some flat white primer, (a slightly off white, and by slight, I mean only a little bit) would also be appreciated, but I have yet to see one :D

thanks in advance!

Im in the UK and Halfords sell matt spray's, it's like a car parts wholesalers, anything like that works great. Its £6 for a 500ml can.

I think I know the type of sprays you mean, I've worked with stuff like that previously but never as a primer for mini's..

How well does it cover? I'm not wondering if it will have good coverage, but rather that it may be a bit *too* good. :D

Only other prob with these kind of sprays is that they take a lot longer to dry, and tend to be pretty unhealthy.. I'd definitly use something like a mask when spraying stuff like that, even outside.

I'm just gonna chip in here and second using car primer-it covers amazingly well

Thirded (is that even a word??). Just recently used the last of my GW spray and based on advice from these boards I picked up a can of Rustolem Auto Primer for about 1/3 the price if GW's stuff and I'm very happy with the results.

Thanks guys I'll go see if I can't find any of those... Not sure If I can find Halford's in Canada though... But we'll see! :P

Halfords is the u.k.s Canadian tire ;) ;)

Hope that helps

Archived