T'au Trophies

Hello!

I was wondering what T'au trophies would look good on my DiY chapter. (Link in sig) As they regularly fight T'au and Tyranids...

Tyranid trophies are pretty easy to do, e.g a head on a banner, a claw as a knife, carapace as armour etc etc. There are alot of ideas for them.

But, there arent many T'au trophies i can think of...

So my question is this, What are some good looking T'au trophies for my marines?

Shield drones as actual shields.

Firewarrior shoulderpads over actual shoulderpads.

Firewarrior helmets on their belt/standard.

Kroot heads anywhere.

Broken Tau weapons beneath their feet.

You could also have your commander standing in a torn open battlesuit.

A space marine would never dare to remove a shoulder plate from his armor. It would upset the machine spirit!

Also, remeber using xeno-tech is heresy.

As for trophies, I thing a few kroot and fire warrior heads attached to the belt would be nice.

A bonding knife or one of their ponytails. They don't have noses or ears, but fingers or eyes might work for a more "savage" chapter as well. Grenades or pouches are the only other thing I can think of right now.

Well, if they're a particularly 'fervent' Chapter, just use a pair of paperclip sections and affix a fallen Fire Warrior to your Marines pack. I'm quite sure the weight of such a small xeno would be more then compensated by the psychological effect.

A space marine would never dare to remove a shoulder plate from his armor. It would upset the machine spirit!

Also, remeber using xeno-tech is heresy.

As for trophies, I thing a few kroot and fire warrior heads attached to the belt would be nice.

So then the Ultramarine Tyranid Hunters have greatly angered the machine spirit for the use of bug carapace armor in the place or rent power armor? :D

I think using heads, bits or armor, or other identifiers on the marine armor would look good. Depends on the size of the marine, and what you are planning on using for the trophy base.

My .02

Runepriest

I might be mistaken, but I don't recall seeing tyranid bits in place of armor on the tyranid hunter models.. Their symbol is a tyranid head with a combat knife through it, but as I recall it looks like it is a molded piece of armor, not an actually body part of a tyranid.

Oh there is no need to apologize for anything; besides I might be wrong too. But as to the original issue the lovely thing about this hobby is that we can all do what we want with our little plastic men. Anyone can come up with a justified reason why their marines might toss alien bits and bobs all over their armor as trophies/battle field repair. Perhaps the more codex adherent chapters may not replace parts of their armor, but they might augment their armor with things from the battlefield to make a field expedient repair. As much as the Codex dictates how the marines will fight I'm sure there is leeway for interpretation, if there wasn't no marine chapter would survive against an enemy using previously unknown tactics.

Well, I thought there was a picture of an Ultramarines Tyrannic War Veteran that had a piece of Tyranid carapace on one of the shoulders.

My apologies to all.

My second comment still stands, though.

Runepriest

What you are probably thinking off are the conversions from the black gobbo e-zine back when it still existed. There was an article about battle damage and it had some Ultramarines that used pieces of Tyranid carapaces to patch up their armor and combat knives made from talons. I'm not sure anymore if these were "just" normal veterans that did some creative field repairs or if they were built as Tyrannic War veterans, but as the metal models weren't around then yet, it's possible.

+pre-posting edit+ (Yes, I am that fast. :confused: )

I actually just had a look myself via the wayback machine and these were two different articles, the one on Tyrannic War veterans even still has pictures in it! Link here.

The other battle damage one only has some thumbnails and few pics left, but i think you can still get the idea. There was one particularly interesting conversion involving a marine that was dragging his backpack around. Link here.

I really don't understand why so much of the hobby material from the BG was dropped completely when the new site went only. There was lots of good stuff there.

Archived