Working with Resin

So I received some slightly bent Forgeworld pieces recently and I was wondering if someone could walk me through the steps of getting them straight. They are for rhino doors so I would really like to have them sit correctly on the model.

If there is a tutorial already out there I apologize as I tried to do a search and look through thr FAQs and did not come up with anything.

I appreciate the help, thanks so much!

The best way I've found to straighten deformed resin pieces is to drop them into hot water (preferably boiled in a kettle, but straight out the hot tap may work) to heat up the piece, then bend it back into shape by hand (wearing gloves obviously) and the cool it back down with cold water so it stays in the new shape.

I agree with antilles13 but don't overdo it! I you think that piece is cooling down before you've got the shape right submerge that sucker again! Resin breakages are a bitch to fix, trust me. Don't take chances. :devil:

You can also use a hair dryer, which is less messy and easier to apply precisely than using hot water, but you need to be careful else you'll end up blowing stuff all around the room :) Set it to its highest setting and hold it close to the area where you want to apply the heat, and you should find the material getting soft fairly soon.

Archived