New from Down Under

Aki27

G'day my name is Aki and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Now, onto the rambling ...

I started playing tabletop wargames in '96, with Space Marines hailing as my first army. Well, technically it was a single 10-man squad but it was an "army to me". I've been on and off forces of power armour since, playing Orks followed by Imperial Guard and currently Chaos Marines.

I love building armies of plastic and metal soldiers, and with nine years of mustering a horde of greenskins have become quite adept at converting. In the last few years I have become better at painting, with the Guard drilling all manner of techniques into my head. With both sides combined I have been building a collection of armies and random models from various companies ... A collection that continues to grow.

I have never been much of a gamer, probably because I have so much fun converting. But recently I have been leading a fallen chapter of Space Marines who now worship Father Nurgle.

I will admit, that Chaos has tried to tempt me many times in the past and failed. However, after reading the fluff about Nurgle's mortal followers being reborn as Plaguebearers when they die sounded very appealing. And because Chaos Daemons are simply sent back to the Warp when they're "wounded" by mortal weapons means that those who follow Father Nurgle have more or less gained true immortality! (And becoming a Daemon prince is an added bonus.)

Aside from an unusual Nurgle force themed on rust as opposed to disease, I have a small Space Marine force and an equally small Battle Sister army. There are also plans to muster another fallen chapter dedicated to the Blood God ...

Thank you for the welcome, Veteran Normish.

I'll take some pictures of the completed models and post them in the appropriate forum. (I hope it will be the right one.)

Aki

Ah, the Hall of Honor forum would be your stop for that if they're completed, or the Works in Progress if they're not.

And I am not nearly a veteran as you. I've only been in the Hobby for one and a half years.

I look forward to seeing them then.

Archived