Possible Megarachnid Army list Ideas

While this is something that would be kinda strange to see on the table, I have been trying to figure out how to go about making an army book for the Megarachnid. I have already started to convert models to act as the regular troops and have already started to come up with ideas for the other types of units as well. Here is what I have so far

Basic troops (Warrior spiders) - WS3, BS3, S3, T4, W1, I4, A (2or3?) Sv 4or5+ LD10

(Toughness being higher due to being part machine) (Attacks being higher due to having 4 attacking arms)

Using the Spiders from the Spider Riders Box

Me and some friends have come up with some ideas that would be pretty cool for special rules.

1. Pounce - a 3-4" move during the Assault phase that would take the place of Fleet to represent the Megarachnid leaping toward their enemies (possible chance to knock enemies down??)

2.Venom spit - a short range shooting attack possibly 6-8"

3. Hit and Run -OR- Ignores terrain

4. Cornered Spiders - Megarachnids do NOT get +1 attack for charging but instead will get +1 attack when they are charged to represent them preparing to meet the charge

Any Ideas would be great for the next entries

Winged Clades (Flying troops) - Unknown Stats - Thinking of converting Tyranid Gargoyle models for these

Special rules enabling them to lift enemies and throw them into killing trees (possible die roll-off for enemies to fend them off??)

Trapdoor Spiders (Ambushing Predators) Unknown Stats - Using the Giant spiders from the LOTR range

Special rule enabling them to fortify a terrain piece with webs to act as a cover save and/or to slow enemy troops down

Spider Queen (HQ) - Unknown Stats - Using the model from the LOTR range

A possible special rule enabling her to poop out baby spiders like a Necron Tomb Spyder

Heavy Support Choice - Unknown Stats - Using the Arachnarok Spider

Special rule that would tie in with the Winged Clades

Has a choice of being able to shoot a large template shot (enemy troops have to perform a STR test??) that would root anyone in place for the clades to swoop in and snatch them up or be able to build a killing tree

I just wanted to run this by you guys to see if you can come up with any ideas

He's saying the board is intended only for power armour armies (marines, grey knights, sisters etc) but since megarachnid are a part of the great crusade/heresy and this is the heresy subforum... I'd allow it.

I always pictured them as being only slightly different to Tyranids personally, but I like the list you've written

Some of you seem to have rods up you arses and come off as being unfriendly, which won't give a good impression of the forum especially to new people... If you think someone has breached the rules press the report button or message one of the mods.

Some of you seem to have rods up you arses and come off as being unfriendly, which won't give a good impression of the forum especially to new people... If you think someone has breached the rules press the report button or message one of the mods.

QFFT

WLK

I always liked the depiction of the megarachnid, and have often found them to be similar (in my mind's tinted eye) to the bugs from starship troopers by Robert Heinlein. I like what you've got so far. I think I'd make them at least as tough as marines, given their larger size, and make them fast.

Archived