Deathwing Comand Squads

CHAPLAIN ARGOTH

So I was planning on purchasing some of the Grey Knight Terminators and doing some converting to make them Belial and a Deathwing Comand squad. The Initial problem I see is that the kit is only 5 models. Is a deathwing command squad the same as a terminator squad in codex DA with a sergeant and 4 terminators is it only 4 terminators with the 5th being belial?

Thanks for the help.

the command squad for Deathwing is just 2 pieces of upgrade that you purchase with Belial. You then choose one of your 5 man terminator squads and apply the two upgrades to that unit.

Mine generally looks like this:

Belial w/ Apothecary and Banner upgrades

Deathwing Squad w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher

-Standard Sergeant

-Cyclone Termie w/ Twin Lightning Claws

-Apothecary w/ Thunder Hammer Storm Shield

-Standard Bearer w/ Twin Lightning Claws

-Thunder Hammer Storm Shield

Total of 6 models

I suggest this, one grey knight terminator box, and one chaos terminator lord kit. 6 models for ya, 5 for the termi squad, 1 for belial, and enough extra parts to make the lord not look chaosy.

As a follow up I agree to an extent. Considering my Belial was made using a Chaos Terminator Lord, you will need to do quite a bit of shaving and greenstuffing. Shaving (or sanding) to remove all the chaos spikes and detail. Green stuff to help cover up details (some of which if you sand/shave off you will have to green stuff).

I'm going to be painting him over the next day or 2, and will post pics to give you an idea.

Related question: Deathwing company standard looks great in pics and I'd like to add it in my army...how to model it? Is there, for example, a decal available anywhere?

no decals available but when i was younger and unskilled in the art of the brush i just photocopied the banner from the dex at the right scale and glued it on

Archived