Star Saviors

Arkangilos

Maybe the Tau are holding back with their more advanced knowledge until they prove their loyalty? They are not just going to hand over their most powerful weapons to anyone.
Railguns aren't advanced weaponery. In-fact it is such a simple technology that you are able to create one at home with the right knowledge. These won't be all powerful death machines though because of the need for higher quality parts than what would be possible from commonely available supplies, however they can still shoot the metal slug(Slingshot BB for example) across the room.

Good point, but I didn’t just mean Railguns :) . Maybe it’s a case of you have to prove yourself before we give you more knowledge/resources/place to live ect ect…. Maybe the Tau are not being as open as The Saviors first thought. Maybe the have other motives for saving them? To destroy something or someone? To gain knowledge to create their own Space Marines? :P

I will definitely take this into consideration!

• 1 year later...

I like it. This is a different kind of Traitor Marine, of a chapter corrupted by Xenos instead of Chaos.

I also like the narrative aspect; they've got a ready-made nemesis right there in the form of an angry Ordo Hereticus inquisitor. If one of your buddies plays Sisters or Grey Knights, it could make for some very interesting grudge matches.

After reading this, I must say that my old Idea about Space Marines merging with Necrons sounds doable. :-)

Good idea.

There were rumors that the Iron Hands were going to be joining the Crons as part of the whole Void Dragon thing, going back as far as mid- 3rd Edition. Its not that new of an idea, but just one that nobody's really messed with.

Well thank you! I almost died when I saw that it had been commented again after so long.

Anything you think should be improved?

Also, allies might make this very playable now.

The logo could be a hair better, but I doubt I could design a better one. My art skills are horrible.

Well thank you! I almost died when I saw that it had been commented again after so long.

Anything you think should be improved?

Also, allies might make this very playable now.

The logo could be a hair better, but I doubt I could design a better one. My art skills are horrible.

Well I have photoshop now, so I can make it better.

What would you recommend?

Sorry but I have to say

your chapter heraldry looks awfully similar to the Necron Dyanistic Anks (The glyphs representing a Phaerons lineage). Consider making it appear less necron and more tau. Other than that the idea is great. Love mixers. Oh, and the Necron-Marine idea is now very doable thanks to new 6th edition codex (thakyou matt ward).

:)

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring an old post back to life (if that's even wrong). But this kind of gave me some ideas for my own space marine, tau, necron alliance thing. Tau have diplomacy built in, Necron dynasties do what they want, but Imperial forces, are just kind of hard to make friendly. My idea, was to have my space wolves (who are champions of Humanity anyway, and constantly do things to piss off the inquisition), be able to ally with my Tau and Necrons in a way that makes sense lore wise.

My Idea, was to have my Necrons and Tau as trading partners, in a mutually beneficial way (say, the Tau provide earth caste workers to help maintain the necron tomb worlds in that dynasty, and the Necrons provide hard to obtain materials to the Tau, and both provide free movement through the other's territory for defence and trade). 

But how to introduce Space marines as an equal partner? Perhaps my Space Wolves happened upon a Gue'vesa world under attack by Orks, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, or Chaos, and simply came to their aid. Such a world would still have enough Imperial trappings to be recognized as an Imperial seat, and since my Great Company had been lost in the Warp for 300 some years (lost sometime after the First War of Armageddon, and re-emerged some time after the Damocles Gulf Crusade, and thus having no knowledge of the Tau). 

Even though Space Wolves are brutal and wild, they are still quite intelligent and cunning. I imagine they would accept help from anyone capable of handling a weapon against such an enemy as orks or tyranids, or especially Chaos. As a Great Company lost in the warp would be a tremendous concern to the Inquisition, and the Veterans of my Company stood with Logan Grimnar in giving the Inquisition the finger and telling them to get lost. Such renegades would find a safe harbour amongst other renegades (My Tau are Farsight Enclaves, who gave the finger to the ethereals, and went off on their own). As for my Necrons, I see them as a Noble warrior house (similar to Nemesor Zandrekh, without the crazy, homicidal, alzheimer's bit). So with three factions that are more or less reasonable, and with common enemies (Chaos, Orks, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, the Inquisition...), they'd have a solid basis for cooperation.

Where did you get the idea that the Space Wolves are "reasonable"?

Just because they disagree sometimes with the Ecclesiarchy and the Inquisition doesn't mean they'd just tell them to take a long walk off of a short pier.

Being lost for 300 years in the Warp means they still have 9,700 years of heritage with the Imperium.

This post from Page 1 kind of breaks it down:

And this is where it breaks down. Imagine you are 3 years old. Every single minute of every single day, you are being constantly told that everyone that doesn't look like you must be killed on sight. This continues every hour of every day until you are 25. Every other person you know feels the same way, and you have never questioned this belief. It is no longer a belief or an idea, it is a fact. An Iron Clad law that accepts no deviation. Every time you have seen something different than you, you have shot it. This is how Astartes are trained and conditioned.

In the end, what is the motivation of the Space Marines to break ties with the Imperium? It has to monumental and catastrophic.

After the implementation of the Codex Astartes, less than 1% of Space Marine Chapters have turned to Chaos or gone renegade. Why? Because everything that might possibly provide motivation to them is taken away. Even with the Space Wolves who ignore most of the Codex. They don't care about wealth, or pleasure. They have nearly unlimited power and autonomy so long as they maintain their mission. And they've been conditioned to embrace their mission without question.

Space Wolves might be a little more rambunctious than other Chapters, but in the end, their beefs have been with the Ecclesiarchy and the Inquisition. Not with the Imperium, which they still unquestioningly serve. They've just defined the chain of command so it suits them. This means they don't take orders from the Inquisition. But you know who does? Everybody else.

Getting time displaced by the Warp isn't going to make them come out on the other side with a new philosophy of tolerance for the alien. Especially when that tolerance will brand them as heretics and result in their dishonor and destruction. A Space Marine lives, breathes, and dies for the Imperium. In the case of a Space Wolf, perhaps, he lives, pants, drools, and dies for the Imperium. But either way, even the Blood Angels only bro-fist with the Necrons when there's absolutely no other choice but to die.

Dante and Zarathusa aren't going to be exchanging Christmas cards or becoming friends on Spacebook.

Archived