A question of judgement

This is a question that arose in a game of Deathwatch the other night. The squad us on a mission that has a hidden agenda that only the chaplain knows which lead to a lit if tension as he has done thing against the squads known objectives. However the agenda was sanctioned by their watch captain.

The chaplain, who is also a consecrator, and his squad were tracking a renegade chaos marine sniper, just as they were engaging him the chaplain saw a cyber raven and shot it out of the air. A blood angels assault marine claimed they could "question" the raven. Regardless the chaplain shot it down as it posed more of a threat than an asset. The librarian disarmed the chaplain for this as they were coming under fire from the sniper. When demanded it back the assault marine declined.

Also I guess I should go back and explain that this squad had been deemed traitors, one of the decisions the chaplain was told to make, so in the chaplains mindset he was watching for weak links. While the assault marine was unsure he could trust the chaplain.

Now I will get to the questions, since the assault marine engaged the chaplain, while fighting traitor marines, would he be out of line to demand the assault marine be apprehended by the rest if the squad and to engage him? I believe it was within his capability as the unforgiven are known to kill and eliminate treachery. Any feedback or ideas? I bring it up since it is an intriguing situation. Would love to hear thoughts.

I'd just hit him with a hammer/sword/big stick. Violence solves everything. Even more so if you're a Dark Angel.

The assault marine tried to stop the Chaplain, thus he was a heretic. Thus, he dies. The thought patterns of the Unforgiven don't go much further than that since the Horus Heresy.

Just my thoughts.

Disarmed a Chaplain, you say? Refused to return his weapons while under enemy fire?

Checks Appendix C of the Codex Astartes for definitions of heretical behavior...

Yep. He's a Heretic, all right.

Wax 'im.

Archived