Baltheor -- Bastion of Cernifis

MasterHQ

So I've been working up a custom special character -- a Master to lead my homegrown Chapter, the Iron Wardens. The Wardens are a descendant of the Imperial Fists Chapter, and so I used Darnath Lysander as a base to work from. I'll outline the differences below, and ask for criticisms and thoughts to make this character actually fair and playable.

Statline - Identical to Lysander.

Equipment: Terminator Armour, Storm Shield, Stonerender

Special Rules:

ATSKNF

Combat Tactics

Independent Character

Orbital Bombardment

Chapter Tactics

Eternal Warrior

Chapter Tactics: If your army is led by Baltheor, all units exchange the Combat Tactics special rule for the Counter Attack universal special rule. If more than one character in your army has the Chapter Tactics special rule, you must choose which one will apply.

Stonerender: Stonerender counts as a master crafted Relic Blade. All 'to wound' rolls on which Baltheor scores a 6 inflict Instant Death regardless of the targets toughness. Against vehicles Baltheor rolls 2D6 and selects the highest for armour penetration.

For calculating points I would start Baltheor at 200. Add 25 to upgrade to Chapter master from Captain, but subtract points for losing Bolster Defenses and Bolter Drill. Remove the Fist of Dorn and add Stonerender, which seem to come in at about the same cost, I would think. Counter Attack should cost more than Stubborn too, since it allows all units to count as assaulting when they are assaulted, which evens the odds against fighty armies, but doesn't do a whole lot against shooty armies.

In the end I would put Baltheor's cost at 210 points. What do you guys think?

Archived