Dargor's Big Pre Heresy Log of Everything

The warship sits immobile in the cold embrace of the void, it's dark outline blotting out the stars of the cosmos behind it. It's colours are that of the darkest sky and old brass. On it's prow it proudly carries the skull and wings sigil of the VIII Legion along with the words "Harvester of Sorrow". It is an ugly beast, compared to the majestic fleets of more prestigious Legions, but noble appearance was never it's purpose. It was created for one thing only, to bring death and destruction on a massive scale to the universe. The primitive intelligence lurking at it's machine core relishes the thought of unleashing it's deadly payload on the green and blue world turning below. It yearns to feel the rumble of it's great cannons, the intensity of massed laser fire and the steel rain of bombs dropping from it's bombardment tubes. It knows that will come soon enough. For now, it sends a single pulse signal carrying it's master's voice to every available frequency.

"People of the Diomedes system, you have rejected the light of the Imperial Truth and the glory of the Emperor. Prepare to reap the consequences of your misguided actions. The VIII Legion has come for you."

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/337132_10151257162399612_1407884303_o.jpg

Tremendous work Dargor, truly inspirational, to the point where I'm prepping for a Great Crusade/Heresy era EC force myself.

The best thing about this whole thread is the consistency of the work, it's stunning from the first post to the last :tu:

Thanks SCC. Your Raven Guard is amazing man and i hope you keep adding to that force as well while working on your EC. ;)

The white of the Luna Wolves turned sea-green, then darkened further to a murky verdigris green-black as the Sons of Horus further cast off the disciplined Terran traditions of warfare and erred in pride and growing malice towards the dark heart of Cthonia....

From Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal.

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/615751_10151260256699612_1413289341_o.jpg

Cheers! :)

Great stuff man, top notch! :)

Love your highlights! They are so crisp and clean, and the lightning on the Night Lord looks very realistic! Great job!

Nice looking Son of Horus you got there, the paintjob conveys the true nature of the Legion pretty well! ;)

Please, moar! ;)

Snorri

Really like the new Heresy models DaemonPrinceDargor. The Son of Horus look cool & nice use of the Cthonia? lettering on the armour plates.

Did you mange to pick up a lot of the Heresy release that Games Day? I was gutted I miss out on seen your entry & a few other friends golden daemon entry's.

IP

Thanks SCC. Your Raven Guard is amazing man and i hope you keep adding to that force as well while working on your EC. :)

The white of the Luna Wolves turned sea-green, then darkened further to a murky verdigris green-black as the Sons of Horus further cast off the disciplined Terran traditions of warfare and erred in pride and growling malice towards the dark heart of Cthonia....

From Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/258650_10151260263229612_478764033_o.jpg

Cheers! :P

What is the secret to your Sons of horus colour scheme? Might make a force of Horus's legion instead of Angron's

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/291296_10151257175484612_407000433_o.jpg
Wow, the model and the paintjob is awesome. The lightning is one of the best I've seen. I'm just not sure if Night Lords were the right choice. With the bionic leg and the Cylon visor the model kind of screams Iron Hands IMHO.

That Sons of Horus color scheme is perfect to me, I've always thought to go for the Luna Wolves in the future and that makes me think about it again <_<

Do you guys think there will be some differences ? I mean between Luna puppies & SofH ?

Loved seeing your stuff at gamesday, even better seeing them in the flesh. After being inspired heavily by this thread I bought the betrayal book at gamesday and am finally deciding to divert most of ny spare hobby time on a sons of horus army ( cannot wait for the justaerin termis to be released).

I've spent about a week contemplating how to paint the "official" new darker colour scheme shown in the book. Just found your update and I have to say it's exactly what I was looking for. As much as I loved your previous lighter sea green. The new slightly darker variant is spot on. Do you mind divulging the recipe?

Now I just need to find a load of top knots to put on all my troops, and for fw to release those justaerin.........

The new green on the Son of Horus is a mix of Knarloc Green/Astronomican Grey/Black and Vallejo USMC tank crew, about 40/40/10/10 in ratio. I had a half filled pot of Astro grey lying about and strated mixing the colours in there until it looked right on a test mini. Then I wash the recesses with a 50/50 mix of devlan mud and badab black and, touch up any mistakes with the original mix and add more Astro grey to the original mix for highlights (up to pure Astro grey). A glaze of Badab black is used to tie all the stages together and give the model it's darker aspect. The "dirty" parts are weathered with FW's Dry Mud powder.

Hope this helps a bit guys. :)

Lorenzen, I saw your DG thread mate, you don't need my help. They look ace! ;) I may give in and paint some DG in the future though, I like all of the "original 4 traitor legions".

Jimmimellows, I'm glad my models were the push for you to take the HH path (mind, there is no turning back!). ;) If your WEs are anything to go by, I can't wait to see your take on the Warmaster's finest!

Pulse, thanks dude. Can you send me pm about which bit is wrong (I guess most of the roman stuff) so I can fix it? :)

Lord Ragnarok, that is my eternal problem man. Everything looks nice. I finally decide that I want to go with SoH, and then ADB comes along with Prince of Crows and ruins all my plans.... First world problems sure, but still. :D

Cheers!

Right,Night Lord recipe:

-Mordian Blue over black undercoat.

-2 Heavy washes of Badab Black.

-Watered down Mordian Blue highlights, 2 parts water - 1 part MB.

-1 part Mordian Blue-1 part White edge highlights.

-1 part Mordian Blue-2 parts White fine highlights.

Corbulo recipe:

-Adeptus Battlegrey over black undercoat.

-Astronomican grey,leaving the recesses with the darker colour.

-1 part Astronomican grey-1 part White over the previous layer.

-Pure White highlights.

Both are very quick and easy.The white i use is Vallejo white but any white will work the same.

Firepower, i use the DC with my 40k BAs. Since these guys are Scouring era, i like to think that some marines would already have started falling to the Black Rage and will use these models on a 25mm base as objectives.

Cheers! ^_^

The recipe for NL's was posted in the first 2 pages unless he's changed it.

Everything in this thread is amazing.

Adding to the heap of people requesting you share your secrets - how are you doing your bases? That base for the EC squad looks fantastic, you seem to have both greys and browns in there while keeping it all tied together as a coherent piece. I can never quite pull that off.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I last painted something, been a bit busy. Here is another Son of Horus based of the pictures of Betrayal. The freehand Eye of Horus is only temporary, until I get my SoH transfer sheet from FW.

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/665503_10151316495164612_1498649782_o.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/665406_10151316494974612_1520177410_o.jpg

The Night Lord paint scheme is the same as the old one with Mordian Blue swaped for the new Macragge Blue.

The bases for the Emperor's Children command squad (and the SoH for that matter) are undercoated with a Chaos Black spray, drybrushed with Mechanicum Standard Grey, Drybrushed with Administratum grey and then "weathered" with FW's Dry Mud weathering powder. Very easy and quick.

Cheers! :)

Archived