Hi newbie here

Hi there my name is Si. I've been doing Warhammer for about 6 months now. I'm currently doing Chaos Space Marines.

The idea was to do Black Legion but I kind of painted my first Rhino in Iron Warriors livery so I'm not to sure if I can still pull the Black Legion theme off now? I hope so?

So what have I painted so far?

I have:

7 Plague Marines.

Typhus Herald of Nurgle.

3 Khorne Bezerkers.

Khârn The Betrayer.

5 Marines.

Terminator Lord

1 Rhino.

I'm in a position to buy 2 dreadnoughts from Forge World I want a dread with the Nurgle iconography and one with Iron Warriors Iconography but I'm not to sure on two things one is the weapons that you can buy from forge world and I'm still unsure about Iron Warriors?

The weapon side of are all the weapons from FW legal when battling?

Anyway that's me and my army thanks for reading.

Any tips and advice on Chaos Space Marines feel free to tell me.

Si

Welcome!

The Black legion are fairly equal opportunities employers. You can paint the plague marines and bezerkers in black legion colours to represent the marked troops in that legion. If you honestly cant choose between iron warriors or BL, i'd say do both. Have the iron warriors as a pure undivided force and then have a smattering of Black legion marines mixed in with the Bezerkers and plague marines and there's a Black legion force.

The thing with chaos, the latest codex encourages these joint war bands, so as long as you have a cool thematic reason for your iron warriors and BL to be pally, then you're all set.

And do remember, this could all be lumped together as an apocalypse force one day!

EDIT: The forge world weapons are all legal, apart from the blastmaster. It doesnt sound like youre going slaanesh heavy so it shouldnt be a problem. If you wanted to use it in a friendly game, i cant see why your opponent wouldnt let you use the blast master profile from the noise marines.

Thanks for the welcome.

I have read something to do with the 13th crusade. I wanted to do something fluff wise where after the battle the CSMs left over from this great battle where despersed in groups not just in groups of their legions but a mix and match of say PMs, KBs, IWs, CSMs and a few others but they instead of becoming a small traitor legion they all kept their respective beliefs for example Khorne Bezerkers worshiping Khorne and Plague Marine with Nurgle an so on. I think that will work?

That would be perfectly acceptable. Plague marines and bezerkers are as much of a part of the Black legion as normal chaos marines. All of the marked troops are used in the black legion, be they wanderers from other legions, or black legionnaires who chose to make a pact with one of the gods.

Perhaps the iron warriors could be a heavy firepower/siegebreaker element in your larger force? The guys who your lord calls upon if he needs to get a fortress cracked.

Archived