Is anyone going to use the Grey Knight Codex for Deathwing?

HsojVvad

I am curious if anyone is going to use the Grey Knight codex for Deathwing. I have seen a few good fluffy lists of people using the Space Wolf codex for Deathwing. In those lists if it wasn't Dark Angel releated it wasn't used, and was strictly Fluff based.

So I am curious if anyone is going to do the same thing using the GK codex. I read and here that DW is suppose to be a small elite army so I am wondering if the GK codex can do this. If anyone is going to do this, please post your list if you don't mind.

I really enjoyed reading the thread on how the person made a DW or even a DA army using the SW codex, and would like to see if anyone can do an awsome job again with the GK.

For me, I only used the Dark Angel codex, I have never ever used another codex for the Unforgiven. I will not even buy the Space Marine codex out of spite. :ph34r:

Also I am wondering would using the GK codex be good for a Fallen army? I mean since Fallen are suppose to be few in numbers and can be almost 10 000 years old, and maybe be powerfull because of it, I would thought they would be an elite army as well.

I was thinking of making a GK chapter but never did because the price was really expensive because almost everything was in metal if not all in metal. I really don't like the new fluff for GK so I can't use it to make a GK chapter unless it is a Chaos or Turned chapter, that got me thinking maybe they would be good for fallen.

Since I like to make my army fluffy, and I am not good with the Fallen fluff, would the GK codex be good to make a small Fallen force? If so, what should I use and what should I stay away from? I am using my DA codex for my DA, but wondering if GK for Fallen would be a good idea, or should the DA codex be used for the Fallen as well.

I think that using your current deathwing models als grey knights is really difficult. In my eyes the main reason is that most of our terminator stock is equipped with storm bolter and power fist. Since GK do not have powerfists at their disposal that would make life difficult for a counts as-army.

Well, Grey Knights are all psykers, they have very different weaponry, their special rules reflect none of the Deathwing, and they have a completely different layout, so I'd say no. The Deathwing already have a codex, and whatsmore, it's incredibly viable in a competitive setting now.

I wasn't looking for what is competitive, but what would be fluffy. A few people have said the SW codex is more fluffy for DA than the DA codex is. For fluff not rules. So I was wondering if the same could be said for the GK codex. From what I looked at a quick glance, I don't see anything but I was wondering if I missed something, so hence why I am asking.

See I missed the power fist.

I agree. I can't see the C:GK being a good fit for the Deathwing.

The Fallen is a different issue however. The strong psychic abilities yes, but preferred enemy Daemons isn't going to help your cause unless you are, err, 'Loyalist' Fallen, which might be fun I guess. Keep away from the Dreadknights, psycannons and psilencer though – and stick to termy and power armour models, in conjunction the standard vehicle/walker types. Inquisitors – I guess you could recast them as some kind of 'Fallen' Mages at a stretch. Hmm... I could see this as being quite an in interesting interpretation.

Cheers

I

deathwings are pretty good as you can have them all as assault termys and still take cyclone missile launchers plus you get the death wing assault so i really cant see the point in using grey knights when you have a one of the best codex for termy armys in the DA dex

Right now I believe that the Dark Angels codex actually gives the best rules for an all-terminator (or mostly terminator) army. Storm Shields and Cyclones with proper support really are just that good.

However, if you are interested in mixing up power armor and terminators, I think GKs might give you the better option. I am working up a Grey Knights list and will be using mostly non-GK models with it, but it's very much going to be a hybrid list. Right now it's sitting at 12 terminators, 20 power armored bodies, and like 7 vehicles or so.

I'm not against using the GK codex with my current models, but I'm also sure that getting the weapon configurations right is key. I've picked up 2 Dreadknights and a box of Paladins that I'm currently working on. Eventually I'll figure out how to use them all, but the army plays VERY differently.

Archived