Primarch's bodyguard

Dobermann

I want to build a retinue for my primarch.

In particular I will make Morlock for Ferrus Manus, but my question is for a wider audience than only Iron Hands follower.

What does best represent a Primarch's Bodyguard in rule terms?

Should I use the new GK Paladins rules?

A unit made by independent characters in TA?

A primarch's retinue would consist of the greatest heroes of the chapter, so I think you should use the rules for captains in Artificer armor and model them as if they had terminator armor. The way I see it, heroes of the Iron Hands would have been cybernetically intergrated into their terminator armor to allow for greater dexterity. I'd also only give them two wounds each.

Btw, do you have pictures of your Ferrus Manus, because I would very much like to see it :D

How would they be so powerful as chapter masters or captains, and why would they be the greatest warriors in the legion? The primarch's bodyguard's are as tough or tougher than the marines leading the legion like the chapter masters and company captains? I don't think so. They might be elite, but I don't see how they would be more elite or powerful than the elite marines of regular space marine chapters. If it was me, I would just say regular terminators, but I guess Palladins aren't too over the top.

How would they be so powerful as chapter masters or captains, and why would they be the greatest warriors in the legion? The primarch's bodyguard's are as tough or tougher than the marines leading the legion like the chapter masters and company captains? I don't think so. They might be elite, but I don't see how they would be more elite or powerful than the elite marines of regular space marine chapters. If it was me, I would just say regular terminators, but I guess Palladins aren't too over the top.

The personal guard of a Primarch would be basically his favorite marines,, and how do you attract the attention of military leaders? Display your skills in acts of heroism, become the living represetation of your organization, and be highly decorated. I don't know about you, but if I were a primarch, I would want hang around the best my chapter has to offer. Now they don't necessarily have to be great leaders, just great heroes. Marines will look up to these guards and strive for excellence so that maybe one day they can be that close to their primarch.

@Dobermann- Oooh, you too? Im really excited for this figure cuz they've done a great job with the others. And I've seen your work, and I'll just say Ferrus is in good hands :cuss

I'm coming to the idea of using either Paladins or Standard Assault Terminator and paying them a Chapter Banner (30pts) and something else.

maybe codex SW would give me the proper amount of options to make a Command Squad in TDA... What do you think?

@BassWave, thank you very much!

Archived