repainting - 2 questions

I bought some second hand terminators and was considering repainting them. I use oven cleaner in metal models at the moment, will that work on plastic without damaging it?

Also considering repainting I was considering whether to do it at all. From the picture they look quite well painted and to be honest my skills are not top notch, although I do like being able to say 'it's all my own work'. I would shed a little tear if they are as good as they look when I strip the paint. Was maybe considering the background explanation of the suits are relic of an old livery.

I recommend Simple Green-- it's a nontoxic cleaning product you can buy at grocery and hardware stores. It strips metal and plastic without harming it, and isn't poisonous. You will want to wear gloves with it though, as it will dry out your hands pretty bad. Oven cleaner, pine-sol and brake fluid are all pretty rough on plastic IIRC.

As far as the livery, say they are part of a crusade force. Another chapter in the force just happened to be at this part of the battlefield. It also can give you an excuse to try new painting techniques on other squads as well.

+1 on simple green... The stuff is amazing.

Try to get your hands on the concentrate where possible that way you can control the strength.

Too weak and it won't be able to strip the clothes from a woman dancing on a pole...

Archived