Plasma cannon speeders in other chapters?

BassWave

Well us iron hands are creating a codex in the home rules section and were thinking of implementing plasma speeders. Would you guys feel like we are stealing from your chapter as you guys had one first? What are your thoughts?

Rifleman Dreads were our Idea first, C:SM stole it and its not in our Dex. Plasma Cannons on Dreads, stolen. Wicked awesome Robes, yep you guessed it. These things were taken. You, however, are asking. Based on that alone go for it. Though you Gotta admit when we bring Plasma to the table you still boned. When Asmodai makes his triumphant return youre definatly on the hurt train.

Ok jaded cinicism aside. Iron Hands have really good control on the tech so its not a stretch to say youd have relics like Plasma Speeders. I'd be a bit put off if you took Jet Bikes, the Master of Ravenwing entry is pretty specific on it. Perhaps do a small fluff entry on a relic vault of hidden Plasma Speeders. Other than that go for it.

DA = Plasma is a feature created during v3 to upgrade a little our codex comparing to vanilla.

Indeed Jervis had already the responsability of our codex at that time and our v3 codex was already crappy at that time... Seams like history is repeating huh?

So in order to re-balance the codex they decided to allow the plasma cannon to tactical squads with a poor explanation (individual PC cannot be old relic since they are post heresy weapons... )

This leaded to the common thought that DA= Plasma but this clearly IMO not on of our main feature

So feel free to create PC land speeder... I'll be glad to steal it then :)

I agree with master avoghai,

While Ancient Tech could be a theme attributed to the DA we a certainly not the only ones that could do that. Plasma is not the only way to apply that theme. Go for it.

Honestly considering the cost of Llama Cannon's and the current implementation of templates, PC's are actually inferior weapons anyways.

Plasma Cannons on Dreads, stolen.

No it wasn't, back in second edition, any Dread could have a Plasma cannon. In 3rd Edition, I believe (don't have that Codex anymore), they decided to limit the dread to only options they had models for, so the plasma cannon dread was dropped. Then they let the DA have them when they made plasma our "thing."

DA = Plasma is a feature created during v3 to upgrade a little our codex comparing to vanilla.

Indeed Jervis had already the responsability of our codex at that time and our v3 codex was already crappy at that time... Seams like history is repeating huh?

So in order to re-balance the codex they decided to allow the plasma cannon to tactical squads with a poor explanation (individual PC cannot be old relic since they are post heresy weapons... )

This leaded to the common thought that DA= Plasma but this clearly IMO not on of our main feature

So feel free to create PC land speeder... I'll be glad to steal it then :P

As I remember, at the time much of the B&C's DA community thought it was stupid, completely against the lore and wanted Autocannons or Reaper Autocannons instead.

I say go for it.

Modeling-wise I thought perhaps the cannon could fit into the typhoon missile part if you remove the missiles... than I thought this would suggest it being twinlinked. Not sure if that is overpowered, but I do think it leads to a cool conversion.

Archived