Mordrak - (Other projects coming soon!)

Argyle

Well I got the squad of 5 ghosts all assembled. No major conversions with them, just a few posing adjustments.

Anyway, just finished painting up the test scheme for a 'ghost'. Let me know what you guys think.

gallery_31762_5407_59690.jpg

gallery_31762_5407_135000.jpg

gallery_31762_5407_86892.jpg

I like, thought I reckon the cape should be draped a bit higher...it looks a bit werid that low down...

Nah, looks fine to me...evokes a bit of a robe feel in addition to being a cape. There's also precedent for it; the Calgar model and the metal Chaos Terminator lord model from the Medusa V campaign have the same sort of capes that are fastened lower to keep the armor vents bare.

I like, thought I reckon the cape should be draped a bit higher...it looks a bit werid that low down...

Nah, looks fine to me...evokes a bit of a robe feel in addition to being a cape. There's also precedent for it; the Calgar model and the metal Chaos Terminator lord model from the Medusa V campaign have the same sort of capes that are fastened lower to keep the armor vents bare.

Stern is also the same, and I agree, looks fine.

Started with a base coat of Shadow Grey, then a thourough drybrush of Astronomicon Grey and some full highlights on the outer edges with the same Astronomicon.

Washed the whole model with Azuremen blue.

Drybrush with a mix 1:1 Skull White/Azuremen blue.

Edge Highlights with Skull White

Washed again with Azuremen blue, then highlighted lightly one last time with skull white.

I like how it looks so far, here is a picture of a ghost marine i painted up myself for inspiration (Legion of the Damned)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/tylerrox6688/lotd.jpg

I like the look of yours but kind of has a statue-esque feel to it as well.

And your Mordak is awesome! Giving him the psychic hood really gave him that Grey Knight feeling.

Your Mordrak is a really exceptional conversion!

Regarding the Ghost Knight, i have to agree that it looks very stony, glowing eyes or more color (blue or green) would make it more living.

And you now Ghost Knights dont have access to Psibolters?

Things you could make glowing:

- eyes

- writing on the armor

- skulls (or... burning skulls?)

- the weapon

I would also (if you still can) slightly reposition the sword so it points outwards, which would make the pose a bit more natural.

looking fantastic, a really cool way of making them more ghostly would be to make the words on the armour glow with the etherial power of the emperors might...

in other words glowing words on the shoulder pads and stuff would make it look sweeeeeeet :)

looking forward to more!

Edit : what cathar said!

Glad you took the advice on Mordrak, you've only made a great conversion even better. The cloak is absolutely perfect, fits very much with the GK aesthetic a la Stern and Draigo, as both have the same style cloak.

Let me just echo the posts above suggesting a few glowing elements to your ghosts. Apart from that, that scheme will look awesome.

OK. Heres the second attempt at the ghost paint scheme. I've never attempted the 'glowing' effect before. I think the eyes turned out ok but im pretty sketchy on the words. I may try some more extreme highlighting on the leters to make them pop a bit more, or I may just go back to the original scheme and just leave the eyes glowing.

Anyway, here he is before and after. Advice/comments/criticism very much appreciated.

BEFORE

gallery_31762_5407_59690.jpg

AFTER

gallery_31762_5407_28224.jpg

As you said, Argyle, maybe a brighter white on the letters, but still, it looks great as-is!

To balance out my positive feedback with a little bit of criticism, how about drilling those barrels, eh? =P

EDIT: Just noticed your sig. Maybe, considering the ghost Knights you're painting now, it should be changed to

Not even the dead know the end of war.
;)

Archived