WIP: Angry Marines

:tu:

A scale wrench? Where did you find one of those, brother?

I'm pretty sure the wrench is a Lego piece.

It is a Lego piece. Do an Ebay search for Lego pipe wrenches. I picked up about 15-20.

But still, B&C faithful, I'd really like to know what you think about swapping the force axe for that wrench on the libby, even though the detail on the wrench is somewhat lacking for a HQ mini.

And Mr. Troll Face Spotter, you're not helping. Obvious Troll Is Obvious.

swapping out the axe is a good thought, however the lego wrench is not a favorable solution. I believe the Warhammer Dwarf Miners kit comes with some spare tools. Take a look at those as a possible alternative.

I'd say it sounds like your gut instinct has already made the decision. You can always use the wrenches on an Assault Squad and follow the advice of dublindawg for the more detailed HQ characters. Don't get locked into the idea and end up doing something you're unhappy with, it's YOUR army after all.

I think just replacing the thick handle (it is made for Lego figures after all) with a thinner one made from plasticard rod or a banner pole or something. The oversized wrench top could fit in with all the huge axes and swords you find on 40k minis.

I think just replacing the thick handle (it is made for Lego figures after all) with a thinner one made from plasticard rod or a banner pole or something. The oversized wrench top could fit in with all the huge axes and swords you find on 40k minis.

Size isn't the issue here, it's the lack of detail on the wrench itself when compared with the axe. Anyhow, I'm sticking with the force axe on the libby, and that's the end of it.

Sorry for the lack of updates this week... most of my modelling time is being spent on two words:

Predator Angrinator

The most eccentric of all divergences Angry Marines take from the standard practices outlined in the Codex Astartes, the Predator Angrinator is the signature of the Angry Marine motor pool. It was developed when an Angry Marine Engineseer by chance found himself on a bench in the motor pool, sitting between a Whirlwind and a drop pod. The light bulb clicked, and the rest is history. In its brief run-time, the Predator Angrinator has proven exceedingly popular among the Angry Marines. Being both angry and practical, it has seen extensive combat with rave reviews.

The flourish to the Angry Marines' signature vehicle is the Angry Launcher. Firing Angry Marines out of the launchers like deadly superhuman cannonballs, the Angry Launcher allows its charges to meet the enemy head-on, as fast as fething possible, which is why the Angry Marines love it so.

• 2 weeks later...

Predator Angrinator at 95% completed assembly:

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv1/SliderDF/WH40K%20WIP/IMG_0731.jpg

Note that only the side sponsons are left to be attached, and that the marines on all four pods are magnetized. The only problem going 2 marines to a pod presents is that you can't have a backpack on the marine in the lower launch cell. The next time I do this (if there is a next time), I'll just scratch-build the pods.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv1/SliderDF/WH40K%20WIP/IMG_0733.jpg

you could modify is so that they are stacked with the lower one deeper in the launcher or Vice versa... that avoids the noticeable backpack missing. You could also use the marine head/torso for the marine tank driver..where his head just peeping out the tank...

you could modify is so that they are stacked with the lower one deeper in the launcher or Vice versa... that avoids the noticeable backpack missing. You could also use the marine head/torso for the marine tank driver..where his head just peeping out the tank...

Yeah, but I would then have to scratch build some kind of cap for the pod and I wouldn't've been able to magnetize all 8 of the marines how I wanted. The Whirlwind missile pod is simply too short height-wise to support two Marines with backpacks without one of them's belt buckle hanging out over the lip of the pod and looking unnatural.

I don't know why but this has reminded me of rage powered jetpacks. ;)

Good job, just gotta wait for the yellow paintjob now. -_-

• 2 weeks later...
Why not flip the bottom marines upside-down so the pack can be underneath? You have the clearance to do that and they're already magnetized...

You may well be on to something! I was basing the model off a concept picture I found... but I'll have a look at it when I get home from work today.

Are there homebrew rules for the Angrinator? Like, do they launch those 8 Angry Marines like some crazy combination of Deep Strike with the shooting phase? Because that would be awesome:

"And now my Assault squad is deploying."

"You didn't make a reserves roll..."

"Don't need to, they just get shot out of this here cannon, but they still scatter like an artillery shot."

Archived