Boltgun primer

Fenric

I was just wondering if using a boltgun primer straight away could work instead of black on my incomming grey knights models? I never seen the result of the boltgun primer myself before so thought i'd ask you fine folk that might have.

If you are talking about a real primer and not paint, it might work...

But giving a colour primer ( black or white or whatever) helps the colours above get darke, lighter, more intense, more dull effect...

If you're painting the army with love, I wouldnt skip that step, it helps a lot. For example, I use to do my bone with white, browns, bleached....now white, yellow, bleached and the result it a million times better.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the answer i'll give it some thought. Back in the day I never put down much effort into my painting but these days I think long and hard before I start painting. Since I was going to paint the majority of the marines boltgun first anyways i was merely wondering if I could save some time toget to what i enjoy the most which is details and highlights. But if the result isn't smooth and nice froma boltgun primer then It's out of the question.

Ive never primer boltgun, so I dont know.

What I do know is that if I was to paint a GK today, Id prime white, then do mithril, black wash, and highlight with mithril again.

That is a cheapo and fast technique IMO that doesnt require much thinking or great skill.

You and always add a shine with white for further lights...and on to the board :)

i agree with whats been said. however you can try army painter plate mail spray. i was convinced to try one of their reds on my BAs and the results are great

Ye actually saw that one aswell somewhere and got intrigued. Sadly my game store didnt have that one in stock only some other colors from army painter.

Archived